Its 11:46pm in karachi and the temp is 14C*

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Wearing a hat part and the logic behind it was proven to be a myth :lol:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7789302.stm

[/quote]

Yes, few days back, I have read that article on BBC. :)

However, I am not saying that wearing hat on head will completely stop loosing heat. But wearing hat on head will keep warm the skull (head) just like other parts of body (jacket, pants, socks, shoes etc.)

Between, last time karachi went to all time low of 1-2C .. I hope it goes down this time. :D

I would love to see the shock on faces of people of Karachi if someday it snows in Karachi :D

I know it might never happen but we can't be sure. Weather is changing around the world :D

I would love to see the shock on faces of people of Karachi if someday it snows in Karachi :D

I know it might never happen but we can’t be sure. Weather is changing around the world :D

[/quote]

Well, I’m not a scientist but I have observed that “jitni garmi unti sardi” theory works. :D

Well, I’m not a scientist but I have observed that “jitni garmi unti sardi” theory works. :D

[/quote]

Well, we never know about future:

- Polar ice is melting.

- Global warming.

- Green house effect.

- Pending ice age.

- West has big belly Santa who live on North Pole.

- We have big belly Santa (Mullah) in every street :D

Things are changing around the world, who knows when it just starts to snow in Karachi :D I would love to see 6 feet snow in Karachi. Then Karachi will in true sense become as little New York :)

Well, we never know about future:

- Polar ice is melting.

- Global warming.

- Green house effect.

- Pending ice age.

- West has big belly Santa who live on North Pole.

- We have big belly Santa (Mullah) in every street :D

Things are changing around the world, who knows when it just starts to snow in Karachi :D I would love to see 6 feet snow in Karachi. Then Karachi will in true sense become as little New York :)

[/quote]

I’ll remain pessimistic for now but I believe there will be huge chance of snow in 5-10 years. :P

Summer does not match with Winter, not at least for me. Winter is so much better than Summer. My theory is that when it gets real hot, you can not do anything about it if you are out on the street or something. Add the fact that we get 14 hours load shedding here in Karachi, it just becomes unbearable plus the humidity, yukkk! You can even go naked but even that won't help.

When it's Winter, you can at least take care of it by wearing warm clothes and all. The load shedding has continued in winter but it does not at least hurt us as much as it does when the heat waves flood us. Also, Fashion wise, winter is the best. You can try all types of combos and look cool without sweating like a pig. It's so much cooler... literally ;)

It snowed in Houston this year and Houston and Karachi are pretty close whether wise. That's global warming showing it's ugly rear and who knows, it might even snow here in Karachi in 10 years.

Wear warm cloths, like jumpers, jackets etc. :)

If you still feel cold then wear a hat in cold nights. Keep your feet warm with woolen socks ;)

[/quote]

thank you for suggestion…i’ll keep it mind … thankyou bro this is the safe way to enjoy the winter…

6 feet snow? when that happens i really doubt you'll be around to enjoy it :P

snow in karachi, chalo atleast we dont have to go to dhoraji only fer gola ganda :)

If u want cold temp. go to Gilgit or Skardu in these days. and for more Cold go the base camp of K2 and enjoy.

I don't mind the cold weather but I really dislike the "shadow winter" phenomenon we have here in Karachi. That is; it feels cold when you are in shadow (like inside the house) and when you go out, it feels quite warm.

I would like to settle for either cold or hot but not both at a given time! :S

snow in karachi, chalo atleast we dont have to go to dhoraji only fer gola ganda :)
[/quote]

Define Gola Ganda…plz… hehehehe

Onion is called Ganda in Punjabi…hehehee.

only taste Yakhni and soup in winter not Gola Ganda…

its 21*C today, finally getting warmer.

I Love SUMMERS, literally, I just love summers. I Hate Winters soo much. I hate winters. Ever year, in winters, I always feel like I'm gonna dye the next moment, and, especially in the morning, when I have to get up at 10, Ufffff, I hate winters.

i like living in the cold weather when i was studying in the usa,,

but they have insulated houses and insulated heated offices and campus buildings,,,not so in karachi though,,i wonder when are we going to have insulated and centrally heated houses apartments here?

^ In Karachi probably never. The temperature doesn't go low enough to justify the cost of central heating. In cities in Northern Pakistan like Islamabad and maybe even Lahore, I could see central heating being useful.

However, the government would do well to make some kind of insulation requirement law. Insulation not only helps in winters, but also allows the house to stay cooler during summers. It would cut down energy requirements fairly significantly. I believe AC's in upper-middle class residential areas are the main electricity hogs.

^ I agree that strict insulation guidelines in building codes either by government or by private-colonies will help a lot in summer and winter to reduce energy consumption/bill.

Hot weather in Karachi. :(