Its 11:46pm in karachi and the temp is 14C*

i hate the cold.

10°C in islamabad :P

In Rawalpindi, it's 6 C right now. Tonight, lowest will be 1 C and you are talking about 14 C :P

lol @ 14. we had 14 like a month ago here in isl/rwp

I never understood why Karachiites (and yes I've lived in Karachi myself for the better part of my life) are so averse to cold weather, especially after suffering through that damn heat throughout the year. One would think you'd be happy when Karachi is blessed with cooler temperatures. Oh well. Humans are ingrates by nature. The windchill here was -28 C yesterday. Now THAT was fun! :)

Exception.. I would love to see -28 C here in Karachi..

i like it too

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I never understood why Karachiites (and yes I’ve lived in Karachi myself for the better part of my life) are so averse to cold weather, especially after suffering through that damn heat throughout the year. One would think you’d be happy when Karachi is blessed with cooler temperatures. Oh well. Humans are ingrates by nature. The windchill here was -28 C yesterday. Now THAT was fun! :)
[/quote]

Some people fare well in cold, and some don’t. As simple as that.

Personally, I dislike harsh cold, i.e. anything that drops below 2-3C.

^ I agree but 14 degrees is not really cold per se. Its pleasant. And the temperature in Karachi never goes down to anywhere close to freezing.

-23 is insane... A deep freezer has a ideal cooling temp of -20...

I never understood why Karachiites (and yes I’ve lived in Karachi myself for the better part of my life) are so averse to cold weather, especially after suffering through that damn heat throughout the year. One would think you’d be happy when Karachi is blessed with cooler temperatures. Oh well. Humans are ingrates by nature. The windchill here was -28 C yesterday. Now THAT was fun! :)
[/quote]

maybe we are used to the heat that’s why we can’t tolerate cold :)

I'm fond of winter too. I'd love for the temperature to fall below zero in Karachi.

I love winters! <3

I don't even wear sweaters except for a "shawl" after 11PM.

-8C here, i love winter :P hehehe

@ sah

-23 C! You can make icecream without icecream machine :D I love to eat icecream in cold winter nights :D

^ Its -28 :P And its actually not that bad. Your threshold for cold tolerance increases. I like winters personally.

People here aren't used to being this cold, and secondly and more importantly, our homes don't have heating or proper insulation. I think I'd rather freeze than melt, but that's just me.

i have a soft spot for cold..... But Thund Bohat Lagti hai Yarrrrr.....

i have a soft spot for cold… But Thund Bohat Lagti hai Yarrrrr…
[/quote]

Wear warm cloths, like jumpers, jackets etc. :)

If you still feel cold then wear a hat in cold nights. Keep your feet warm with woolen socks ;)

Wear warm cloths, like jumpers, jackets etc. :)

If you still feel cold then wear a hat in cold nights. Keep your feet warm with woolen socks ;)

[/quote]

Wearing a hat part and the logic behind it was proven to be a myth :lol:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7789302.stm