It is Official, PTCL worst company and non-existent Technical support in Karachi!

Hello community,

Really REALLY bad experience with PTCL... so far more than 15-20 years of PTCL client.

Lately our telephone line is dead and PTCL staff is reporting that since PTCL is privatized they will not do ANYTHING to our telephone line if further expenses are involved at their end.

Their technical support is in-existent, cannot get hold of any line man in our area, F.B Area. Exchange is not helpful at all.

Complain lodged at PTA and PTCL reported that all charges must be borne by the client in getting replacement connection. Including line man payments, wire and connection payments.

What is wrong with this telephone company? Havent they made enough profits over decades from us to simply do a replacement for our telephone line? They do not have enough financing to support that?? This is our national telecomm company who has just slammed any rep they had at least for me.

Turned out to be real jackasses...

yup they suck.. applied for dsl from about 10 days.. no response...

i am using ptcl dsl from feb2011 and daily lodge a complain about bandwidth issue.. they are unable to resolve my issue..the contention ratio is very high at my site.. line stats are ok every thing is ok but speed at night becomes 0.15 to 0.25 mbps instead of 1mbps..

i m fed up with this internet switching back to witribe in a week..

stay with what you have :)

Fortunately, I have always had a good response from PTCL whenever I had problem in line. My internet went dead for about 3 times in past one year and all I had to do was register a complain on their helpline and within next 24 hours they would send their rep to my home who would then fix the problem. I don't have much to complain about their service. Maybe it depends upon area to area and the staff that's working in any particular exchange.

According to my experience PTCL is a lot a lot better now as compared to what it was almost 3 years back, but still they need improvement.

[quote=“michaelkane, post:, topic:”]

What is wrong with this telephone company? Havent they made enough profits over decades from us to simply do a replacement for our telephone line? They do not have enough financing to support that?? This is our national telecomm company who has just slammed any rep they had at least for me.

Turned out to be real jackasses…

[/quote]

They just want everybody to get rid of the old line and get a V-Fone, an insider high level official told me few days ago.

Don’t expect anything from PTA. PTA and telco’s officials can be frequently seen having dinners in Islamabad restaurants.

What and where an official eats has nothing to do with the quality his/her company is offering.

As far as land line is concerned I have strong feelig they are ditching it in favour of vfone and evo services. Two days ago I had a chance to meet a guy from Gulshan exchange and he informed me that there are many areas of Karachi marked red on their services map due to rotten wires. They will provide land line/DSL but will not ensure proper services. On my question why the lines are not being replaced he said funds are allocated annually but are misappropriated by officials and every one is involved in this from top to bottom. :(

^

.... and this may very well be the dilemma with the entire country.