IT Companies asked to vacate Evacuee Trust Complex in Islamabad

Most of the IT companies in the Evacuee Trust Complex, a Software Technology Park in Islamabad, received a notification from the Evacuee Trust Property Board dated May 23, 2008 (delivered to them on May 27 or 28) asking them to vacate the premises by May 31st 2008.

These notices have been served to IT companies whose lease agreements have recently been renewed and to those whose agreements are expiring in the coming months

Read full article here:-

http://netxpress.com.pk/2008/06/02/it-companies-asked-to-vacate-evacuee-trust-complex-in-islamabad/

Extreme foolishness. If they are already established there, why not just renew their lease agreements?

strange...what are they planning to do with the place? convert it into a hotel?

I've always wondered, what is this 'Evacuee Trust' anyways?

^ It's the old Awami Markaz building near Marriot, PTV building and Secretariat.

simple they will sell that place for a much higher higher value

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ It’s the old Awami Markaz building near Marriot, PTV building and Secretariat.
[/quote]

Old awami markaz = software technology park next to ptv

Evacuee trust building = the one b/w marriot and FPSC

2 different buildings :)

The one having a brown colored exterior?

I was told the Awami Markaz building was for the software park when it was initially proposed. Haven't really had any reason to go there yet.

Yeah exactly the one with the brown exterior

its wrong ...

my friend owns call center in that building and he said that only Illegal call centers are being closed