Issues with ptcl evo

can any one explain why ptcl is not offering any trial period and refund policy for ptcl evo wireless??? also why is the upfront cost of ptcl evo usb 8000/- (6000 for usb + 2000 service charges for users like me with no ptcl landline)?????/

Because they know that their service may not work in some areas so you don't come to them banging their heads to wall.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

can any one explain why ptcl is not offering any trial period and refund policy for ptcl evo wireless??? also why is the upfront cost of ptcl evo usb 8000/- (6000 for usb + 2000 service charges for users like me with no ptcl landline)???/
[/quote]

dude stay away from ptcl evdo, seriously its a freaking ripoff, even if it does work the customer service is so shoddy and unbelievably incompetent that you’ll pull your hair out. they dont even have a proper complaint registration system, and if your modem gets messed up you’re out 6000 bucks. they do not replace them unless you pay the entire fee again.

right now i am using worldcall wireless and its crappy as well .. i live in an area where there is no fiberoptic network and ptcl itself does not offer dsl services on simplecopper wire for my exchange so i have to do with these expensive wirelss connections and frankly i think i m throwing away hard earned money wen i pay for wordcall their service sux big tym. and now here everyone is saying to avaoid evo too!

I'm using PTCL Evo (bought recently) and I have a weird problem. At night time after around 9 pm, it works really great and I get downloads to upto 200 kbps but during daytime it becomes really slow and the highest speed I get is around 30kbps. Why is that?

@Usmansm:

It simply means too many users are connecting to the BTS in your reach :) while in night few users are online heaving more of the share of bandwidth at your disposal (which means you get a shared bandwidth).

@Hellborne

Thanks for replying! I doubt there are many Evo users in my area (let alone DSL users) but still the difference is like day and night which really stuns me. I might try checking this device out in another area, see if that makes any difference.

^Your welcome. Wish you good luck with your testing but the symptom mentioned indicates this. Take care.

baddest customer support i ever seen, my device were not active for 2 days later on they were not helping me in setting up connection while i ask basic question. Again backend issue and signal prob.

Refund will made after 1 month, few amount ... what the hell while taking order they says come back to us and get ur refund .... ALLAH PTCL tumhay kubhi maaf na keray

^

Ameen....

Thanks