Issues Currently in Progress due to Upgrade

The link was again down past day from 4PM to 8.30PM.... Help Line was so busy, I held on for a quite some time may be 15 or 20 min on my mobile and hanged up the call....

So I talked to the tech-boy on the phone on which he just responded positive to the issue. "The service is down and all the devices were on 'Search Mode' in Lahore and adjoining cities."

I also tried to acquire the information about the mac binding fact currently on top. He also positively answered that it was initiated to restrict the usage of an account to the device as there was a lot of complaints, raised by the customers them selves that their accounts were being miss used.

He told that after the upgrade process completes, the user will only be able to login with his/her account only on the device the account is bound to. On that fact, I asked specifically about the Login Page, whether the login page would still have to be faced after this mac binding? He again responded positively that currently when the upgrade is in process the service is causing different experiences at user ends but after the completion of the process the user would still have to face the login page to get authorized for the internet usage. Only the login access will be restricted to the devices but users would need to be logged in.

He also disclosed the information about the discounted packages announced in the specific cities. Which were to be sold to new customers but he also showed the possibility of older customers as well to be covered in this offer and asked me to visit the frenchise on this specific to get informed about my package. I thanked him sincerely...

I was totally free and the internet was also down so I planned to visit the frenchise right on that time. In very short, there I discovered that after this huge upgrade process there will be much changes in the system including the new discounted packages getting affected. Not only the account but also the device will not work in the region it is not sold to. "It was being asked in some other thread that if we purchase a discounted package from these specific cities and use some where else. Then it will not work as per the information the frenchize gave."

Upon my question, he, at frenchise, also said that the login page would still have to be faced after the mac binding but it might be by passed on later upgrades.

Just thought to share the talks I had with them.. will update it with any changes I got... I know I started it as a new thread while there were also a couple of threads regarding every single issue currently raised, but I guess I've put all the information I had with them about recent issues in this single post. Please share yours

It was down at my end (Jhelum) too from 9:00PM to 11:00pm. After several restarts the issue was same that signals were there but Apache something error was coming and no browsing/downlading could be done.

I was the one who asked about what would happen if we purchase a discounted package from these specific cities and use some where else.

Well now its time that Wateen should atleast do one thing from these two:

1. Double the speed from 1MB unlimited to 2MB unlimited.

OR

2. Unlimited pakage shoud be brought equal to DSL price (Rs.1200) and also start student pakage all over Pakistan similiar to PTCL and LDN with 30% discounts.

About mac binding:

The login page should be eliminated now. In my opinion it's unfair to let that #$%# login page remain there when it doesn't have any significant role after mac binding.

Abbottabad, Bahawalpur, D.I.Khan, Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Gujrat, Hyderabad, Jehlum, Multan, Okara, Peshawar, Quetta, R.Y.Khan, Sahiwal, Sargodha, Sialkot, Sukkur, Islamabad/Rawalpindi are the cities were mac binding has been completed and login page has been removed no login page is going to be displayed and a new selfcare page has been also implemented http://58.27.179.142 only in these cities

Strangely, logging in/out (and making payments for their monthly charges) is not possible with WATEEN these days - though you can go to various sites.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Abbottabad, Bahawalpur, D.I.Khan, Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Gujrat, Hyderabad, Jehlum, Multan, Okara, Peshawar, Quetta, R.Y.Khan, Sahiwal, Sargodha, Sialkot, Sukkur, Islamabad/Rawalpindi are the cities were mac binding has been completed and login page has been removed no login page is going to be displayed and a new selfcare page has been also implemented http://58.27.179.142 only in these cities
[/quote]

Although http://58.27.179.142 is opening at my end but invalid login/password issue comes.

Its free for a short time until they get there issues resolved. I agree the unlimited package is very expensive & they should deduce there tariff prices if they want to compete further in the internet market.

As per my knowledge, binding mac was already there in place but not imposed to all of the customers. I have my device's mac bound from the very first day on my own choice to have a static IP, and that device never worked outside the city as other devices were able to use where ever the customer wants, within the coverage.

And I remember in initial days when I never needed to log in to use the internet, the Link was always up. I thought that it was a part of what I paid extra 1000 for. But along with that my balance was always set to be deducted at the end of the billing date but never disconnected from the internet even after the billing date passed. I never complained about it as it was a relaxation for me to pay when ever I got time. but I always paid what I had to pay.

So once in a situation it all came up to the tech(with the help of another complaint of mine) and they had to review my account settings again. Then they as well informed me about this issue and apologized to give me a new IP with re-binding and the that #$%# of login page. As they said about it that

"The login interface was only the way to get a count on the customer's internet usage."

The reason about telling this story is, on that time the only Login Interface was the way to get a count on the customers or else I was using internet without any count on it. Just like as now, we all are using it without any count and without any login page...

I guess they are just binding the devices but not working to wave off the login interface. I also wish it to be removed but I think they would need even more to do to make it happen. This is what I guess. And what they are doing actually, would ofcourse be there in a couple of days. So let's hope for a good change.

Although http://58.27.179.142 is opening at my end but invalid login/password issue comes.

[/quote]

I don't believe it, they always tend to make new SelfCare portals on different hosts. It's also acting in the same way with me, I am in Sheikhupura (not in the above list). Portal is accessible but I think it's not currently live. Just like that their other SelfCare portals are as well not letting me log in ("Invalid Login Detail").

@arsalanehsan; where did you get this list of cities?

@discounted packages

These packages are to be offered in sponsorship with USF as detailed at http://www.usf.org.pk/Broadband-Programme.aspx.

Some broadband industry stakeholders (especially the DSL operators) strongly expressed their fears that if big cities were determined as 'under-served', their business could be badly hit. Overall, this forum played an important role in providing guidelines for initiating USF Programme for Broadband penetraion in the country, even though it delayed the launch of Broadband initiative as the Programme had to be re-drafted, excluding the larger cities.
[/quote]

The program is to offer cheap broadband in un-served and under-served regions of the Country. So the stakeholders are afraid of loosing their business if the fees are reduced in the regions with high strength of customers/users.

Imran; you should talk to your frenchize, may be in Jehlum as well the discounted package are to be offered.

Ofcourse original prices have to be reconsidered as they are surely be huge currently. But I think it needs to be compared with other WiMax wireless providers not with the DSLs.

CINR of my buckeye (which is on roof top) reduced from 13-14 to 7-8 as my neigbours put a terresterial antenna on the roof top. Does it make any sense? :)

On CINR 7-8 I am getting 50-60KB downloading speed at this time but in late nights and early mornings speed is more than 90.

May I complain to neigbours or Wateen? :)

^ to Wateen of course, make them busy in investigating another sh!t. But they would not have any other excuse than the one "We are working currently on major upgrades so the service may drop any time any day"

If you have a good relationship with your neighbors then give it a try asking them to help you a little bit if they once remove the antenna down and let you check the status of the device and the service.

@ka like i listed the cities the page is accessible in these cities only and if some one is getting a error of login in the respective city you need to call the helpline and get your password changed and then it would be accessible and for the rest of the cities the login page is by passed and you wouldn't be able to login in any of the page ie broad-hop, prepaid or even login page so enjoy the muftas as it is still there and Sheikhupura comes under the Lahore cluster so you would have to wait till Lahore get's binded and as for static ip loin page is not going to get bypassed for the permanent bypass you would have to subscribe SME package...

Enjoy the intel dudeszzz :)

^ Exactly SME packages are postpaid and they get Bills after the month, to pay what they have used. Along with that they have different IP loops (58.x.x.x) and completely different network from the residential connections. That's why I am afraid that we still might have to stick with this login page. I personally hated this page any way when suddenly started to face it.

Can you verify, for the connections which you think are completely fixed and now getting by passed the login page, that the status of these connections are being correctly updated on that new SelfCare portal with the bandwidth they consumed?

Any ways. I just talked to help line, and specifically asked for the URL to access the SelfCare portal on which the agent told me exactly the same IP address you told above. He was surely telling me that this is the new SelfCare portal for all of the customers now (not only for some of the cities) but login failure issue is there on the portal also for all of the customers which will be resolved in unknown time.

For WiMAX platform static IP series are of 58.xxx.xxx.xxx and 110.xxx.xxx.xxx. Gateway and Subnet mask will depend upon the number of the pools requested by the client. Wateen is providing three IP pools to the customer.

1. 4 IP Pool: Rs. 2000/- one time only

2. 8 IP pool: RS. 4000/- one time only

3. 16 IP pool: RS. 6000/- one time only

4 IP POOL:

4 IP Pool contains one useable IP address for the customer and other will be the gateway, Network ID and Subnet ID. Subnet mask address for 4 IP pool will always be 255.255.255.252.

8 IP POOL:

8 IP Pool contain 5 useable IP addresses for the customer and other will be the gateway, Network ID and Subnet ID. Subnet mask address for 8 IP pool will always be 255.255.255.248.

16 IP Pool:

16 IP Pool contain 13 useable IP addresses for the customer and other will be the gateway, Network ID and Subnet ID. Subnet mask address for 16 IP Pool will always be 255.255.255.240.

Static IPs offered by Wateen are Live IPs that means customer can access their IPs remotely anywhere from the world from any network. Prepaid customer can only purchase 4 Pool IP and will have to ensure that they are logged in properly on CSESM or broad Hop page to access their IPs remotely. Postpaid customer can purchase any Pool IP and will not have to ensure that they are logged in or not because their login page will be bypassed.

and as for the self-care login issue you cant login still in Lahore and Sheikhupura and some part of the Karachi as the customer data is still not imported on the new self-care page and as for the customers in the cities that are mentioned above there data has been added on the new page and in case of login error it is rectified by just changing there password

and the data usage is accurate 100% for each of the customer's usage session

^ Oops.... did you really think the detail you told about was really needed to be informed about in this specific issue .... ???

That's not related I think. I just pointed the fact about bypassing the login page on postpaid accounts only to separate it from the prepaid ones...

arsalanehsan: "and the data usage is accurate 100% for each of the customer's usage session"

That was enough I think... because I requested to verify it if you have personally seen those details... other wise the information I got about it was as none of the customers was able to login on that SelfCare portal even from the cities you listed. Imran did verify it form Jehlum you see, he got the same login error.

Any ways I can accept your verification as well that it could still be user-site dependent..

i just told all of the details so that anyone might need it :P by the way the login issue Imran or anyone if you are still having problem during login from respective cities kindly call the helpline and get your password changed otherwise a complaint will be launched..

the new billing system is launched and it is called Advoss (google it) :)

and now part of the Lahore and Sheikhupura those of which are facing login page can login on the new self-care page if they get the same problem of invalid user kindly call the helpline they will change your password and wolllaaaaaaa

currently on the user end there is an option of

*change Password

*Redeem Voucher

*Balance

*dashboard

enjoy :P

login page is still by passed in LAHORE and Sheikhupura only....i am having a -1576 rs still able to browse and i am able to login in the new selfcare page this meanz it's end of the muftas :(

^ If you have negative balance in your account and not facing the login page but you are still able to browse, download, or any thing that means the maintenance is still in progress. you are still in that free-to-use time frame, I think.

The fact, your account has gone to negative, is due to that the deduction of balance is occurred separately from the login sessions. Means, whether you have to login or you don't have to, the balance is scheduled to decrease on your billing date and it does decrease no mater you login or you do not. This was what I know about the older billing system

I can't test the selfcare portal at home because I am also in Lahore right now but just have seen the selfcare portal after logging into it with the account of one of my friends. I am sure there is a lot more options and information, yet to be added.

Today is the billing date of mine as well, I can't access the selfcare with my account. I hope my account would have been updated with new discounted prices :P or not :/

Guys is wateen working in Lahore right now? There is no signal and it's dead like a dog! May be the base station where I connect is sunk in todays rain??

^ Yes! it's down around the region for a quite some time.

In morning signals were there but it wasn't browsing except watee.com. Some so called overhauling might be the skapegoat.

Good old days with Wateen..I miss it :-)