ISP woes ... what to get!

Hi guys ... Im getting rid of DSL and now will only use cable net. A cheap one at that ... 600-700rs bas. Aur zyada nae karch raha. With the loadshedding and stuff ... downloading and torrents become useless and I might as well just buy or rent movies/games.

I have the following choices ...

Ufone EDGE

Zong EDGE

or local cable net

I will only use it for browsing. Zong EDGE has served me well before.

Reason im not inclined towards cable net are ....

1. Power failures leading to service breakdowns. Summer main to u knw kitna masla hoga!

2. Initial connection charges

3. Power failures leading to me not being able to use net.

I got an old P900 that I will use for the net ... PC say connect kia. Light gaee to browsing shuru. (Though I know i wont get edge on p900 ... its GPRS only, I might use UfoneEDGE instead on my main UFONE on my Nokia 3250, EDGE enabled)

Zong is the best for me.

Everyone thinks i am using dsl but in real i am using zong internet usb.

The speed is 236 kbps almost = 256 kbps dsl.

I love zong!

Hmm.

Is the speed consistent ??

If it is, I might get Ufone EDGE (since my main connection is Ufone, and the cell I use with it has EDGE)

The speed vary between 10 kbps to 25.5 kbps, but normally i get 20-25 kbps of data.

The zong internet usb costs rs.9999 and then rs.500 per month for truely unlimited downloading + its plug & play so you can use it anywhere without installing any software.

I use it for both my office and home.

Nah bhai

I aint paying 9999 for a device.

Loadshedding kay waqt uus device ka no use. I might as well get a SIM and a PDA ... connect it to PC for use, light jaey and PDA for full time internet on the go as well! They have longer batt life than ur usual lappys ... and with the expected 10hrs in summer ... this wud be quite useful.

Anyone else ?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

The speed vary between 10 kbps to 25.5 kbps, but normally i get 20-25 kbps of data.

The zong internet usb costs rs.9999 and then rs.500 per month for truely unlimited downloading + its plug & play so you can use it anywhere without installing any software.

I use it for both my office and home.

[/quote]

Toooooo expensive!!!

evdo is better than