ISP satisfaction survey

Just though up this survey. The questions are in the poll.

Leave any comments, thoughts or pertinent information in the thread, if so desired.

Lets see what picture of the Pakistani ISP market this paints. :)

@ Asad

The options 'yes' and 'no' are absolute values. No isp is perfect in PK but some are considered better then others. Like I don't consider most of the listed ISP as ISPs for various reasons, which leaves me with PTCL. But I can't say yes to PTCL either.... cause they are far better then most in some cases but still basically are BS. So you should use the indicators of satisfactory level as percentages instead of simple 'yes' or 'no'.

Such as...

100%

90%

80%

70%

60%

50%

40%

30%

20%

10%

0%

In this way, people can choose their ISP and rate them more specifically.

[quote=“Faisal, post:2, topic:16054”]

@ Asad

Such as…

100%

90%

80%

70%

60%

50%

40%

30%

20%

10%

0%

In this way, people can choose their ISP and rate then more specifically.

[/quote]

Good idea :)

^^ Instead of percentages, we should use Grades instead. "A" "B" "C" "D" "E" & "F". It'll be funny to see how many F's we get. :P

Satisfaction surveys are always like this so it shall be here.

5 - Very Satisfied

4 - Somewhat Satisfied

3 - Neither Satisfied Nor Dissatisfied

2 - Somewhat Dissatisfied

1 - Very Dissatisfied

Yes and No are rather simple options and deliberately used here to provide a general picture.

If I parametrize everything, it wouldn't give a complete picture since some people will focus on price alone while others will value CS above everything else. A simple Yes/No answer allows a very general picture without going into specifics. Any specific details can always be posted here in the thread.

It already seems to be working with the current 3:4 votes. Not every aspect is bleak, nor is everything rosy. Tying in the recommendation factor is where it comes together.

The forum is filled with general picture of various prominent ISPs which is better compared to other for various reasons. But with suggested percentage levels, it will not only show which ISP is better then the other percentage wise but it will also show how good is an ISP on its own.

lets just say...

PTCL comes up with 40%, LDN with 30% nayatel with 20% ....

it will not only show that PTCL is better then LDN and nayatel for whatever the reasons (price, packages, QoS, CS, data caps etc) but it will also show that PTCL is actually pathetic with just 40% out of 100 on its own. Same goes for the rest of the ISPs. Which is not possible with simple 'yes' or 'no' OR A, B or C grades. as 100% is 100% no matter what .....but a B grade could be equal to 60% in my mind but 80% to upsilon's mind.

Its not like the listed ISPs are taking note for outcome of this poll and are ready to improve based on user experiences but hey, it will give an idea to the potential users or the users who are about to switch their ISP that which ISP is better compared to another and how much its good on its own.

But If you still want to keep this thread as a general idea thread (which we already have seen those sort of thread(s) in the past on this forum), Its your poll :)

Just little suggestions:

1- Separate PTCL wireless from PTCL wired. It will resolve the confusion.

2- Let users vote more than one ISP as few are using multiple at the same time.

50-50 eh, that's unexpected. :rolleyes:

Contact a statistician to get an idea which type of survey will give a clear picture. :)

Its not giving a clear picture.

This needs to be one of those surveys where one submission = one response. Vote-based surveys won't work.