Is there any way to run 64 bit Windows 7 setup from Hard Drive

Actually i have disc image file of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit edition but i don't have a burner to write this image file into a blank dvd so im wondering is there any software which allows to boot a partition that contains 64 bit operating system setup.In simple words i would like to emulate my hard drive like a dvdrom drive since 32 bit operating systems won't be able to run 64 bit applications that's why im unable to launch the setup from my windows xp operating system...

You could try using a virtual drive to mount the ISO and install from there. Try Alcohol 120 or Daemon tools.

[quote=“hashimk, post:2, topic:15988”]

You could try using a virtual drive to mount the ISO and install from there. Try Alcohol 120 or Daemon tools.

[/quote]

no dude u did’nt understand what im talking about this procedure does not require any virtual drive tools the contents of this image file can be directly extracted using winrar but they are useless under 32 bit operating system that’s why im unable to launch the setup of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit i juz need a software which allows to run 64 bit apps under 32 bit OS

[quote=“Gothic, post:, topic:”]

Actually i have disc image file of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit edition but i don’t have a burner to write this image file into a blank dvd so im wondering is there any software which allows to boot a partition that contains 64 bit operating system setup.In simple words i would like to emulate my hard drive like a dvdrom drive since 32 bit operating systems won’t be able to run 64 bit applications that’s why im unable to launch the setup from my windows xp operating system…

[/quote]

I don’t think that’s possible. but you can try mount the Image, copy all the data contained with in that ISO to another partition which is not OS drive and they try to launch the setup from that location. But to do this, you’d probably need 3 partitions on your drive.

Your C: drive, on which you already have Xp installed. If your C drive is of 20GB or more space then you can extract win7 setup data from ISO to D drive and launch the setup from D and continue to install it on C: (this is highly possible in case of if your installing winXP like your trying to install 7)

If you C drive is of less then 20 GB space then you need to extract the ISO data to E: drive (or C: drive if it has free left for copying win7 data) and then lunch setup and installing the OS on to D: drive or E: drive OR on any drive which has 20 or more GB of free space and does not have those win7 installation files copied from ISO image.

and remember its all a try and your risking all of your important data on any of your drive, so be careful. so try not to format any drive during installation process and make sure you already have 20GB free space on a supposed win7 installation directory.

ask if you don’t understand any of this as launching a set directly from ISO is/shouldn’t be possible.

Make a bootable USB flash drive and install Windows 7 from this USB flash disk.

64 bit apps cannot run under 32 bit. However you can run 32 bit apps under 64 bit apps.

And if you don't have the DVD you can use a USB stick.

And if I am not wrong you are trying to install windows 7 directly from hard disk. Follow these steps:

Extract these folders and files to the primary partition (C drive) which is your system drive

( boot, sources and bootmgr)

Now go to command prompt and enter:

cd c:boot

bootsect /nt60 SYS

Now restart you PC.

Windows 7 installation will start.Go through the steps for installing Windows 7 and make sure to

install Windows 7 in different partition (Do not try to install in C:)

[quote=“Imran, post:6, topic:15988”]

64 bit apps cannot run under 32 bit. However you can run 32 bit apps under 64 bit apps.

And if you don’t have the DVD you can use a USB stick.

And if I am not wrong you are trying to install windows 7 directly from hard disk. Follow these steps:

And if I am not wrong you are trying to install windows 7 drectly from hard disk.

Extract these folders and files to the primary partition (C drive) which is your system drive

( boot, sources and bootmgr)

Now go to command prompt and enter:

cd c:boot

bootsect /nt60 SYS

Now restart you PC.

Windows 7 installation will start.Go through the steps for installing Windows 7 and make sure to

install Windows 7 in different partition (Do not try to install in C:)

[/quote]

first problem is im using wintoflash software for this purpose but im unable to boot from usb flash drive whenever i try to boot from my flash drive my pc shows only a blinking cursor :wacko:

& second is this error occurring in the setup of both windows 7 & vista (32 bit versions)

http://imageshack.us…11/unled45.jpg/

May be setup is corrupt. Get a new image of Windows 7.

OR

Try to install it from hard disk which I explained earlier.

[quote=", post:5, topic:15988"]

Make a bootable USB flash drive and install Windows 7 from this USB flash disk.

[/quote]

This!

ok guyz can u suggest me another software which makes a usb flash drive bootable !!!

No software required, just follow this guide. I used it and it works like a charm.

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-install-windows-7vista-from-usb-drive-detailed-100-working-guide/

Download this tool from Microsoft to make your usb windows 7 bootable,

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

its free and works like a charm.

I use this method to install Windows 7 32 bit/64 bit. I have installed both editions from a 32 bit system by following this article:

Use a USB Key to Install Windows 7—Even on a Netbook

[quote=“sfarrukh, post:12, topic:15988”]

Download this tool from Microsoft to make your usb windows 7 bootable,

http://www.microsoft…_usbdvd_dwnTool

its free and works like a charm.

[/quote]

Highly recommended, I have personal experience of using this tool

Thanks to all guys !!!

My problem is solved now i have ended up installing windows 7 from my hard drive do u wanna know how ? just u have to copy the contents of ISO file into ur C drive then make it bootable using bootsect utility it also requires a bootable hiren boot cd which contains mini windows xp for writing a new boot code into the C drive after that u can boot windows 7 setup from ur hard drive :)

I have used all above-mentioned methods to install Windows 7 from USB. My computer is able to boot from USB and run the Windows 7 setup. However, at the time of startup of win 7 setup, it asks for some type of device drivers. I do not understand what type of drivers these are. As it shows contents of USB in the browse options as well as other options. Can anyone help?

Windows 7 detects and installs all device drivers automatically which version ur using r u running the setup normally

[quote=“Gothic, post:, topic:”]

Actually i have disc image file of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit edition but i don’t have a burner to write this image file into a blank dvd so im wondering is there any software which allows to boot a partition that contains 64 bit operating system setup.In simple words i would like to emulate my hard drive like a dvdrom drive since 32 bit operating systems won’t be able to run 64 bit applications that’s why im unable to launch the setup from my windows xp operating system…

[/quote]

Use WintoFlash app , make ur Flash Bootable and install OS via that Flash Drive . I always do so :rolleyes:

FREE facebook and twitter status update Scheduled SMS with data and time SMS API (SMS From your own website) http://www.sendsms.pk send free sms