Is There Any Such Virus?

Well Guys I Just Saw The Movie

DIE HARD 4.0 [i know its old but got no time]

in that movie they upload a virus to victims computer then when victim presses delete button the computer just blasts

i mean big blast

i was wondering whether there are such viruses which can effect hardware of computers??????

or just virus can attack software

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Well Guys I Just Saw The Movie

DIE HARD 4.0 [i know its old but got no time]

in that movie they upload a virus to victims computer then when victim presses delete button the computer just blasts

i mean big blast

i was wondering whether there are such viruses which can effect hardware of computers???

or just virus can attack software

[/quote]

a stupid question :P

well you can program any software to blow up a bomb when you press any button

a stupid question :P

well you can program any software to blow up a bomb when you press any button

[/quote]

no man u got it wrong there was no bomb in the computer

the pc hardware blew up like a bomb

Hey guys some old history of virus from Pakistan, please check following link and see how Pakistani smart even with negative approch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/©Brain

no man u got it wrong there was no bomb in the computer

[/quote]

Impossible lol…PC hardware will not blow up like a huge bomb.

Movies are movies, one should not believe it all but Allah knows what human being invent in future.

Have seen the star trek TV serial where handheld computers wirelessly connected to main server / computer. That was time when no one knows what is computer at least in ordinary peoples. Now days we have same sort of handheld computer connected to world wide web not just a server / computer.

there are virus and one can program them to destroy (damage) hardware but to blast a computer you have to install some bomb into it before the blast lolzz

[/quote]

its impossible

ok the viruses which can damage pc hardwre wich hardware can they destroy ?

Hard disk?dvd ram?mother board?ram? etc

viruses are software they cant do anything physically to ur computer

A virus can NOT damage hardware. Many hardware components have been hard coded to function between specific physical ranges, which software running on your OS cannot change. Try this website to learn about what a virus can and can not do:

http://www.virus-scan-software.com/virus-scan-help/answers/what-can-viruses-do.shtml

'Note that viruses can't do any damage to hardware: they won't melt down your CPU, burn out your hard drive, cause your monitor to explode, etc. Warnings about viruses that will physically destroy your computer are usually hoaxes, not legitimate virus warnings.'

One word: NO

Next question please! :P

I also saw the movie and there was a bomb fitted below the power supply of all the computers that blew up. Which is quiet possible.

I happen to have the movie on my hard disk, here's the screen shot of the bomb, the yellow light goes red after delete is presses then boom.

yellow light: 19961071ow8.th.jpg

red light: 56705835rv1.th.jpg

:lol: … Even if they had not shown it that way in the movie, it wouldn’t have mattered. After all, it’s fiction and not reality. :confused:

Ok let's forget the virus for a while.

I've seen a documentary on BBC where a scientist has blown-up an ordinary silicon chip like a bomb by applying intense microwave on in. Don't you guys think this vulnerability of silicon chip can be misused?

I also saw the movie and there was a bomb fitted below the power supply of all the computers that blew up. Which is quiet possible.

I happen to have the movie on my hard disk, here’s the screen shot of the bomb, the yellow light goes red after delete is presses then boom.

yellow lite19961071ow8.th.jpg

red light: 56705835rv1.th.jpg

[/quote]

OH sorry man i didnt really got that cuz that scene was for very short time i just saw the red and green light

i couldnt notice there was c4

Virus damaging hardware:

If a virus makes the RAM too dang busy for longer durations. Will the RAM go into permanent malfunctioning due to excessive usage?

i don't know the name of this virus but few years back friend of mine had in his computer the virus when it used to detect his computer idle then it used to read and write the same sector continuously for hours to his HDD if left his computer on over night or something resulting in physical damage to that sector over time,

it was cleverly written, it was never active when user was using computer, but when mouse and keypoard are not used for sometime then it used to get active almost no way for person to find out, and even symantec anti virus didn't detect it.

virus itself can't destroy or blow anything but can be programmed to mess up mechanical parts by abusing them.

some past monitor viruses i came across in 90's

a- virus written to select higher refresh rate for the monitor than it actually designed for thus messing up the tube in long run (back then monitors were simple analog control one with no protection or anything)

b- there even another one i came across in 90's for the monitor since windows has the software ability to turn on the monitor and turn off electronicaly (SLEEP MOD), so virus would constantly turn on the monitor then turn off every 3 seconds thus burning the monitor electronic switch or messing up the tube in few days.

Yes a specific virus (if someone is clever enough to make one) can potentially physically damage computer hardware.

THEORY: hdd normally spins at 7200rpm and that is software controlled (via micro chips right!). so if some sort of programme can hijack this kinda operation and cause the Hdd to spin to insane speeds then it could cause damage.

THEORY: cpu speeds and voltages are controlled by software (eg. bios). If that can be hijacked then cpu can definitely burn and start a fire.

in a nutshell...everything is software controlled these days. virus is a small piece of code as well. so possibilities are endless....

Its all fiction dear, dont think thats possible.. Your question reminds me of a desi flick.. If you've seen Maula Jutt, there's a scene where Sultan Rahi hears her Mum's scream, he jumps on his horse and rides all the way from London to Pakistan in no time.. :lol: