Is there any import duty on solar cells

Is there any duty on importing solar cells. im talking about the cells only, not the panels. the panels can be make here combining cells.

As far as I know, there is 5% duty, 17% sales tax and 5% withholding tax. In this new budget, it might have changed. You can get latest information by emailing to

helpline@fbr.gov.pk

Once upon a time, the solar cells/panels were free of duty provided you get a letter from AEDB (Alternate Energy Development Board). But now government is planning to abolish AEDB because since its inception this organization has not produced even a single mega watt from alternate sources in 10 years.

Then it should be cremated.

[quote=“Faisal, post:3, topic:14953”]

Then it should be cremated.

[/quote]

yes, at very temperature :)

i don't think that fbr is gona reply the email ever.

anyways lets see.

i don't think that fbr is gona reply the email ever.

anyways lets see.

Have you actually sent an email to FBR?

yep i have sent it .

Ok, let me know what they tell you about the duties.

Thanks

Got the reply from Fbr . was quite surprised that they actually replied .

Thats what they said

Custom duty on solar products is zero

sales tax exempt

WH tax is 5%

so i guess its 5%.

That's good to hear.

Thanks for sharing. So are you importing now?

Solar panels is a solution but they take too much space per watt production.

im thinking about the CSP stirling concept.

will try to assemble a team of engineers and see if they could make a stirling engine producing 5 to 10kw.

will take time ,investment and research but there is a start for everything.

by the way i myself am an engineer.

wish me good luck.

LUNTRADER007 IS BACK WITH GREAT LUN DEMAND TO F/U/C/K THE ALL F/U/C/K/A/B/L/E/S

INTOX I AM BACK SO YOU COULD SUCK MY ROYAL D/I/C/K OH YOU CALL YOUR F/A/G/G/O/T SELF AM4TL NOW YOU F/U/C/K

I AM BACK ASAD YOU FAT F/U/C/K

ALL YOU NOOBS BOW DOWN TO LUNTRADER'S ROYAL LUN.

THIS IS JUST TO LET ALL, THAT LUNTRADER WILL MESS YOU ALL UP, LOT COMING LASTER ON............ STAY TUNED

INTOX I AM BACK SO YOU COULD SUCK MY ROYAL D/I/C/K OH YOU CALL YOUR F/A/G/G/O/T SELF AM4TL NOW YOU F/U/C/K

THIS IS JUST TO LET ALL, THAT LUNTRADER WILL MESS YOU ALL UP, LOT COMING LASTER ON............ STAY TUNED

[quote=“furqanalimir, post:12, topic:14953”]

Solar panels is a solution but they take too much space per watt production.

im thinking about the CSP stirling concept.

will try to assemble a team of engineers and see if they could make a stirling engine producing 5 to 10kw.

will take time ,investment and research but there is a start for everything.

by the way i myself am an engineer.

wish me good luck.

[/quote]

good luck dear and there are stirlings available from china now . 5HP engine , not sure about the price of the same but its a copy of american designed st-5 model . Just import one of them from china and hook it up with a reflective parabola (mirrors etc) and you are all done ! obviously u need to attach a alternator with it as per its power .

Hope u may produce 2 kilowatt from this setup !

if u need more assistance please reply here or

nadeem5476@gmail.com

jazak ALLAH

[quote=“furqanalimir, post:10, topic:14953”]

Got the reply from Fbr . was quite surprised that they actually replied .

Thats what they said

Custom duty on solar products is zero

sales tax exempt

WH tax is 5%

so i guess its 5%.

[/quote]

Well, Friends please share the response if you find it comfortable.

I am glad to know the Zero, Exempt and WH=5%

could please in this context ask the Tariff Code … thank you :)