Is there any good battery available in Pakistan?

Hi There,

I bought a HomeAge Matrix Ups 9 months ago and last month the ups was repaired due to some internal problems (charging capacitor was dead).Now the ups has no problem but the problem which i am facing is the exide battery which i was using with my ups.These days the battery is almost dead ,even i can't switch on the energy saver for 2 hours.

Could anyone recommend me any imported on good battery because i believe that the local batteries

are just waste of time and money.

thanks,

regards Youmair Ali.

Look for US military used batteries they comes in cube shapes,

How was the condition of the battery prior to UPS repairing ?

If it was satisfactory before the repair, then I doubt there is still problem with UPS charging.

Did you or the repair technician check the charging current after repair ?

[quote=", post:3, topic:16953"]

How was the condition of the battery prior to UPS repairing ?

If it was satisfactory before the repair, then I doubt there is still problem with UPS charging.

Did you or the repair technician check the charging current after repair ?

[/quote]

The Ups charging was fine before ups was repaired,and after the repair ups was charging battery ok…few days ago there was a decay in battery timing ,i took the battery to the technician and he told me that their is a cell drop in your battery and you have to buy a new battery and now the battery is at his ground level ,but when the ups charged the battery it shows that the battery is fully charged but the cell drop is too fast.

So you have got a dead cell, now you really need to change it.

Last year I bought 3 x Phoenix UGS-125 batteries and they didn't prove good. So this year I have got an Exide.

Battery life depends upon many factors, my experience tells me that a lead acid battery (on UPS) lasts only 10-12 months if you are lucky and gives you good backup for only initial 4-6 months.

So I buy new battery in the start of summer and use it with fans. Till winter it gets weak and then it is only good for my LED lights during the winter.

[quote=", post:5, topic:16953"]

Last year I bought 3 x Phoenix UGS-125 batteries and they didn’t prove good. So this year I have got an Exide.

Battery life depends upon many factors, my experience tells me that a lead acid battery (on UPS) lasts only 10-12 months if you are lucky and gives you good backup for only initial 4-6 months.

So I buy new battery in the start of summer and use it with fans. Till winter it gets weak and then it is only good for my LED lights during the winter.

[/quote]

My old Exide batteries last for straight 2 years 1 month. At the end of their life, they were always hungry for water and electricity. 3 to 4 times, they gone dry due to my laziness but still they partnered me a long way.

[quote=“blogger, post:6, topic:16953”]

My old Exide batteries last for straight 2 years 1 month. At the end of their life, they were always hungry for water and electricity. 3 to 4 times, they gone dry due to my laziness but still they partnered me a long way.

[/quote]

That’s good to hear about Exide, that’s why this time I have bought Exide. Let me see how good it performs.

i have red somewhere that to prolong batteries use a proper charger,, and never discharge below 50 % ,, also using too much charging current deforms battery and it bulges,, if ur battery is bulging try to reduce the charging current..

[quote=", post:5, topic:16953"]

Last year I bought 3 x Phoenix UGS-125 batteries and they didn’t prove good. So this year I have got an Exide.

[/quote]

so you are saying that every year i have to buy a new battery.Is their any way to increase the lifetime of battery?I used distilled water in my battery but that was not really affected.

[quote=“armada, post:2, topic:16953”]

Look for US military used batteries they comes in cube shapes,

[/quote]

and from where i can found these?any idea

^ kharkhanu peshawar,its a heaven for these kinda things :P

^I read somewhere that even helicopter engines (of destroyed NATO helicopters) are available there in کارخانو مارکیٹ

Every person has his own experience with batteries.

My friend installed Phoenics battery in August 2009 and still it is working because of some FECTORS. They use only one fan and two lights.

Many places i recommended to install Phoenics and people installed and up to now there is no any battery failed case appeared before battery dead time (almost after 1 year).

There MUST be a voltmeter connected with battery to see what is going on with battery during charging or discharging. Charging beyond 14.2V or discharging below 10.5V of a 12V lead acid battery kills it very fast.

Second thing is charging current which must not > the 10% of battery AH.

And the last thing is the WATERING. For a new battery, normally it doesnt need watering within 3-5 months but after it needs care. Battery must not dry.

One of the new BETTER quality batteries with higher density cells is the the

Exide - Tokyo series batteries, rated at 175Amps.. very costly,11-12k... but built by exide in collaboration with a Japanese firm, thus the extra cost.

PS : my AGS batteries used to overcharge and literately boil with same ups and burnt.

same UPS used exide 145 amp batteries and died in a year. that was my fault, they overcharged but i didnt water on time..

last batteries on it were Osaka batteries 190A , and ran succesfully for 2.2 years.. and rarely required water refills till end.

currently have 2x exide 185Amp from 3 months. lets see..

other Ups had a 150Amp, Volta battery single.. and ran full ground floor of house lights and fans.. lasted 2 years, April to april. fantastic.. never required a water refill. even though charging was often at 14Amp rapid charging due to long loadshedings of 3-4 hours continuous.

My 2 cents,.

[quote=“ZXCVB, post:12, topic:16953”]

^I read somewhere that even helicopter engines (of destroyed NATO helicopters) are available there in کارخانو مارکیٹ

[/quote]

Perhaps yes :P but the thing is you cannot get any good without contacts in these kinda places seconldy going there is highly dngerous now a days :) so avoid going down there… I have been myself a week back.When you walk over there it feels that you are walking in a warzone… anything can happen at any time :D

I am fed up with worrying about taking care of batteries and all that crap. Now on, i will make my UPS suck batteries as it pleases to. I wont give a *beep* about 'em anymore - except taking care of water level. Before next summer, i will purchase new battery and sell the old one for 2k-3k.