Is "technology" a guys' monoply?

Why don't we find many females in this field? Even in this forum i don't think there are any girls out here and even we look around like in universities etc. girls are not good at technology(IT,Telecom, Networking etc). If I'm wrong please rectify me!

well this is the case in pakistan, heck i dont know a single girl who can even install windows XP! A simple Task!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

well this is the case in pakistan, heck i dont know a single girl who can even install windows XP! A simple Task!
[/quote]

its not that they cant do a certain thing, its about interest the girls here aren’t interested in these things it seems!

ya u can bet on that.

its not that they cant do a certain thing, its about interest the girls here aren’t interested in these things it seems!

[/quote]

x2

thats not complete right - i know girls even in my company who install XPs and manage servers and even manage networks. btw this tend is same in US as well, females are very less in IT

Its not about monopoly. Rather its about males' orientation. Most men like certain things instinctively and most women like certain things instinctively. After all, why most nurses are female and why most hair/make-up artists are female.

(I repeat, 'most')

After all, why most nurses are female and why most hair/make-up artists are female.

(I repeat, ‘most’)

[/quote]

Because they are Female!

well i konw few :) using male identity :P

well don't know the reason :-??

i think soon we will see a thread monopoly in "Accounts" :)

well the IT and Accounting field you will see less number of females then males :P

cause like reversing females don't get tech.

Well I don't know why it is but girls are very lousy at tech. But I guess its okay. Why do we need girls in this department? We are doing fine without them. :lol:

Well I don’t know why it is but girls are very lousy at tech. But I guess its okay. Why do we need girls in this department? We are doing fine without them. :lol:
[/quote]

Well, I’m not about being a feminist but we are definitely not doing fine without them. With almost no girls in the said field, we are loosing the input half of our population, that is female, can give to our near-dead IT industry.

i know few ladies working in tech department but most of the time scratching their head and combing hairs with fingers, i m not talking call centre ladies i m talking about high tech department. And most of hard and difficult work done by men and ladies are for presentation and keeping guys some company when they get fed up with noisy servers.

few odd time i spotted few chicks in other sections and then i brought this up to my manager and he said we r not that lucky to have these chicks in tech.

cause like reversing females don’t get tech.
[/quote]

Can someone clarify what this (reference to reversing) is supposed to mean ?

I'm closing this thread due to the following reasons:

- Some of the remarks here have been downright sexist and offensive.

- This topic seems to serve no purpose, and will not have a definite conclusion.

- Even if we were to have a 'debate' on this 'issue', the obvious lack of females in this discussion hinder it from being a balanced one.

Again, I urge people to think before creating a new thread, and judge for themselves if its substantive. If someone gets abused or bashed needlessly in the process, then its best not to create such a topic.