Is spreading NET Illegal?

HI guys....wats up all? I was wondering that how come these cable net providers use PTCL normal broad packages and provide it to more than 80 Users...they are also charging 500Rs/user....is it Legal how come PTCL not taking notice of it...if it is okay than i've some pretty cool network techniques n can start this thingy in my town too...wats ur say on legal part...do hit back as i know this is a hot issue and many of us are also involved in it too....:-)

They aint using normal PTCL broadband ... 80 users would die on a 2mb connection!

25.6kbps ... thats HALF of what dialup gives you!

yeah the stupid users are even paying 700Rs for a 25Kbps download....n literally i've seen these people using it...n btw the speed doesn't die on 15 users....i've checked this one...special thing about PTCL the speed doesnt die if connection used with proper router techniques,,!!!

its legal..you can even share your own connection with as many users as you want...more the users less the speeds....i think the cable net person would be using ptcl 4mb connection :D

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

They aint using normal PTCL broadband … 80 users would die on a 2mb connection!

25.6kbps … thats HALF of what dialup gives you!

[/quote]

In theory you are correct.

But practically, everyone using the internet is not using it maxed out, nor are they all downloading or opening websites at the same time. So it works fine, everyone gets decent speeds.

Of course if you have moderate/heavy downloaders on the network you are screwed.

80 users is too much, only way that it can work is if you have very low data cap or the only alternative for users is dial-up. 256kbps DSL from any company would be a lot better than this for users.

you can use bandwidth restriction software to allocate 256k or 128kbps speed to each user....

They have business DSL package. It's different from what home user gets. PTCL won't allow Residential DSL to be distributed. You can complain to 1236 or I dunno what number it is to call PTCL and report it to them.

Secondly, if you distribute DSL and you are not in any contract, then if anyone out of 80 users use internet to threat government or sent terrorizing emails, authorities will only catch the person whose name is registered against the broadband DSL.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

They have business DSL package. It’s different from what home user gets. PTCL won’t allow Residential DSL to be distributed. You can complain to 1236 or I dunno what number it is to call PTCL and report it to them.

Secondly, if you distribute DSL and you are not in any contract, then if anyone out of 80 users use internet to threat government or sent terrorizing emails, authorities will only catch the person whose name is registered against the broadband DSL.

[/quote]

ofcourse you will be sued for that! lol

hey if anyone using a router based network so how can he put a download cap....since router is a virual server...

cant put a cap on a router based network...you have to setup a Server for that cap purpose

Possible with DD-WRT compatible routers.

:o whatx dat?

^ its a alternative firmware for a select few routers has alot of options including stuff such as caping certain ip address's usage

ahan...ryt! must b expensive too

^ nope its free and open source (the joy of linux)

Ahan...I C...:o

ptcl guy said it is illegal but sharing is legal within your home or/ you can share it with your neighbors but do not over charge with them. means aggregate payment should be equal to what you r paying to ptcl

who carezz these dayz! here at my side a local cable wala is using PTCL 2Mbps normal broadband connection and sharing with 50 people...he charges each user Rs.500/- ..now you can c urself what he is collecting and what hez payin to PTCL! :|

hey guyz like we can earn a wholesome money by just sittin home n do nothing .....its a good business though....i may start this as soon my exams r over...Kwl a ..it help in polishing Network skills