Is piracy haram?

is pirating apps, games and downloading movies/tv shows haram?

Yeah..

LOL.Mullas will now ban computers because piracy is Haram.

lol isn't watching movies haraam too?

dude the reason i come to this forum is that i find people with high intellect hanging around , but here are there idiots like you pop up in this forum but they don't last long,

take your typical backward ass mentality with nothing good to contribute, morality bearin', pushing religion into every thing unnecessarily out of here

i am sick and tired of you backward ass people. righteous wanna be.

the problems pakistan is facing right now is because of people like you, go to hell.

decent normal people of pakistan are suffering because of your kind. burn in hell.

lol @ k2munda.

There are a lot of backward ass people in developed countries as well, who think that piracy is unethical and is against the formal norms of society, as in stealing. I have used pirated content too, but yet I won't debate to consider it as reasonable or ethical.

Change the topic title to keep religion out of the discussion here, please.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

lol @ k2munda.

There are a lot of backward ass people in developed countries as well, who think that piracy is unethical and is against the formal norms of society, as in stealing. I have used pirated content too, but yet I won’t debate to consider it as reasonable or ethical.

Change the topic title to keep religion out of the discussion here, please.

[/quote]

dude asad n man in pakistan and all over the world who is downloading mainly 95% teenagers 14-19 year old maybe just a guess, teenagers will be teenagers man you can’t expect mental capacity of grown person coming out of them, you are right its wrong no argument there. but this guy pissed me of with haram hallal, one of his ancestor zia ul haq the father of this kind of #$%# f&^% up this country, this is what i am pissed at.

sah: Keep your language in check. If you have an opposing view point, convey it in a non-offensive manner

Me too...It's all because of so called religious people.Just read Quran and follow it..Don't listen to Mullas :o

Dude its wrong. It is stealing. its like i make a software, i sell it for 3000rs .. The next day other people are making copies of it and selling it at 30rs per cd and none of the money comes to the maker of the software, the programmer !!! Isnt that like stealing?

But then, we live in a world where no one really cares what's wrong and whats right. There are thousands of other wrong things we do. Im not saying that by doing the other wrong things, this becomes right. Its just that i dont think that anyone can afford original cd's firstly and secondly, if the government wants us to buy original cd's they must ban Pirated cd's and make original cd's available at a lighter price.

So if you think its haram, be my guest and pay over 3000rs for CD's. No one's stopping you man.

its like this:

a huge company makes some software and sells it for $300 in their own country coz their rich a$$ can afford it.

the company sells the SAME piece of code in another country for $50 because they have an aggreement with the govt. there

and then comes our country where people cant afford to dish out 300 dollars for the same thing. Now our govt. isnt even bothered whether they do a deal with that company or not. uncle sam tells the govt. NO PIRACY so govt quietly accepts.

who loses? common man does since they cant pay that much.

so end result....PIRACY

thats my 300cents on this whole thing :)

If you follow Islam, then indeed piracy is Haram. It is very clear in Islam that anybody who steal do sin and we know the punishment of stealing (cutting off hand) :)

Having said that, just look around yourself, there is corruption in every part of Pakistan. What is most disturbing to me is that people are really fine with corruption even love to do it. People encourage other people to do corruption.

I am software developer, I know first-hand-experience due to piracy. I sell software to earn bread and butter for me and my family. I work 24/7/365 (no holidays) and still counting each dime. It's not a squish of wand to create a software, it takes days and weeks and months to create a good piece of software. Piracy just ruin all my hard work.

Just imagine someone steal your money from your bank account and your bank doesn't compensate it. Or consider to lose your last year's hard earned money and you have to start over to earn it again. Isn't scary to even just think of it?

Whether you believe it or not, piracy is Haram. Mullahs are not interested in piracy. Don't they use pirated software themselves? Does Islam tell that stealing from Christians and Jews is Halal?

Piracy is Haram.

Fe-Aman Allah.

Thats a pretty stupid question to ask. Haram or Halal is just a label. If I say its haram will you stop using pirated software? Piracy is stealing, so how can it ever be a 'good' thing (unless you consider yourself as some sort of Robin Hood character, in which case you probably have bigger issues than the moral standpoint of piracy!).

Stop being a slave to religion. God gave you a brain and a conscience to differentiate right from wrong. Learn to use it...

dude the reason i come to this forum is that i find people with high intellect hanging around , but here are there idiots like you pop up in this forum but they don’t last long,

take your typical backward ass mentality with nothing good to contribute, morality bearin’, pushing religion into every thing unnecessarily out of here

i am sick and tired of you backward ass people. righteous wanna be.

the problems pakistan is facing right now is because of people like you, go to hell.

decent normal people of pakistan are suffering because of your kind. burn in hell.

[/quote]

post of the week for me. asking questions is very indecent, while cursing in reply to that question is so decent :expressionless:

post of the week for me. asking questions is very indecent, while cursing in reply to that question is so decent :expressionless:

[/quote]

dude everybody lose it here and there, i did too, i don’t know why majority pakistanis have to involve religion in to every thing unnecessarily, this pissed me off, author could have simply asked for debate on piracy.

my passion is traveling, i am well traveled in islamic world, jordon, lebanon turkey, egypt, malaysia kuwait maldives, saudia, and uae, all are fun place to be and their diverse local cultures makes me proud to be muslim. only in pakistani culture their is so much narrow interpretation of islam and hypocrisy is on top.

talking of saudia they have very strict islamic code and there is nothing wrong with it, thats their country they got their own way of looking things, there for example women can’t drive cars so it goes for everybody, same law for everybody, they are not hypocrites, they do what they say.

but in pakistan its opposite we same one thing and do another.

@k2munda: Pakistan has its problems but if you want to compare it to other 'Islamic' countries, lets not skim over their problems. In my personal opinion, Saudi Arabia probably has the biggest concentration of hypocrites with their government enforced so called Islam. Groups of mullahs backed up by police squads roam the streets during prayer times and catch any men seen not praying. I thought Islam preached 'let there be no compulsion in religion'. So which version of Islam exactly is being forced down peoples throats there? And don't even get me started on the Kings and princes and sheikhs who create these rules and claim to be the caretakers of all that is holy. Probably indulge in every sin out there.

Anyways, back to the topic. Everybody has their own interpretation of religion, and they should try to observe their faith and create their own limits. Islam has pretty strict rules when it comes to a lot of activities which we indulge in on a daily basis without giving a second thought. If you start questioning the 'halal' and 'haram' aspects, then you're pretty much screwed, and you're even more screwed if you try to force your opinions on to other people. So the answer to 'Is piracy haram?' is 'Most probably yes', question is what difference does that really even make once we've established that.

And k2munda, you need to keep your emotions under control. This is not a place to vent your frustrations.

@SAH

everybody knows what piracy, in pakistan average entry level new computer costs about

20000 rupees to make and that about 70% to 100% of working persons paycheck, and to install basic windows os, anti virus, office etc would cost another 20000 rupees min, how the heck on one could afford software here man

secondly you being from canada, i used to live in usa after year or so of using branded computer we used to put it out on garbage day for garbage guys to pick it up since there was no market value of that computer, thats different story.

when everybody knows what the situation is and the author of this thread if he being from pakistan i bet 99% his whole system running on pirated software , he has the audacity to type harram and hallal using pirates software. hypocrite leach

@SAH

everybody knows what piracy, in pakistan average entry level new computer costs about

20000 rupees to make and that about 70% to 100% of working persons paycheck, and to install basic windows os, anti virus, office etc would cost another 20000 rupees min, how the heck on one could afford software here man

secondly you being from canada, i used to live in usa after year or so of using branded computer we used to put it out on garbage day for garbage guys to pick it up since there was no market value of that computer, thats different story.

when everybody knows what the situation is and the author of this thread if he being from pakistan i bet 99% his whole system running on pirated software , he has the audacity to type harram and hallal using pirates software. hypocrite leach

[/quote]

Well yes I already said the topic was pointless. It achieves no purpose whatsoever…

People, stop this mullah bashing .... A mullah is synonymous to an islamic scholar, saint or more commonly an islamic fundamentalist. Whereas Ulema (islamic scholars) are the successors of prophets.

As far as piracy is concerned, please don't give fatwa from your own logics, without any proof from the Quran or hadith. Ask some islamic scholar and enlighten us all.

As far as my research is concerned, I have asked people around and came to know that it is legal to use pirated softwares in a muslim country (fatwa given by Dar uloom, karachi), if the software is created in a non muslim country (Darul Harb) and Allah (SWT) knows the best. Please do confirm from other sources as well

@SAH

[/quote]

Stop this nonsensical verbosity. The guy is asking from a religious point of view. If you have nothing to contribute then just don’t post. As far as having the audacity of asking haram and hallal is concerned, then this is his right but you have got no right to troll his post and disparage him. We Muslims do have the option of switching to Linux and open source, if need be

People, stop this mullah bashing … A mullah is synonymous to an islamic scholar, saint or more commonly an islamic fundamentalist. Whereas Ulema (islamic scholars) are the successors of prophets.

As far as piracy is concerned, please don’t give fatwa from your own logics, without any proof from the Quran or hadith. Ask some islamic scholar and enlighten us all.

As far as my research is concerned, I have asked people around and came to know that it is legal to use pirated softwares in a muslim country (fatwa given by Dar uloom, karachi), if the software is created in a non muslim country (Darul Harb) and Allah (SWT) knows the best. Please do confirm from other sources as well

[/quote]

That does not make any sense, you can pirate software from non muslim countries but not from muslim ones?

You are defending mullah’s and want to stop mullah bashing but what you are saying will only result in more mullah bashing :)

Thats just so wrong and a textbook example of how mullahs give fatwa’s regarding something they dont understand at all.