Is NOD32 the best?

I had heard a lot about NOD32 before I installed it on my computer!!!!Now I have installed NOD32 SMART SECURITY but as a matter of fact,I didnt find it much useful!!!

Whenever I scan my computer through KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER,I find viruses which nod32 doesnt detect!!!

Even AVAST detects many viruses which NOD32 cant!!!

So what are your reviews!????

I'll tell you why (I read it on a forum).

NOD32's scanner doesn't scan all areas of the hard drive. It scans the main areas. This isn't that good, from one perspective, but NOD's heuristics and virus-catching capability are unbeaten. So, if it doesn't catch a virus hiding in a directory, it will inevitably catch it when the virus decides to spring up.

I had researched this alot, and this was the common notion (and the notion was also supported by a NOD32 forum admin).

I like Kaspersky, but

1) it's keys keep getting blacklisted, and

2) it leeches quite a bit of ram

3) it's scanner isn't as fast as NOD's (though it scans all areas of the harddisk).

Here's what I would suggest: leave NOD in your PC, but run an occassional spyware cleaner - that way, the spyware cleaner will check every nook and corner of your hard disk, and NOD will simultaneously scan all files that are scanned by the spyware cleaner.

^You need to change the settings of NOD32 to to enable scanning for potentially unwanted applications and potentially unsafe application and advance heuristics

and what if the "virus" found were false positives?

Nod32 is not as good as it used to be. All new tests and indicators are pointing towards the new Norton AV 2009/NIS 2009. Nod32 has been shoddy on detection and I am thinking myself about the change to NIS.

KIS on the other hand seems to drag browsing down whereas NIS has no impact. You got to try and see what works best for you and fits your needs.

^Well i dont know you maybe right but Norton products are very resource heavy!

^yes..

I used NORTON but it was much much heavy!!!and I finally removed it!!!

Dude what do You Mean By "Even Avast"

Avast and avira is best In The Game

but if u read reviews on net,u will find NOD32 UNPARALLEL!!!and then comes KASPERSKY!!!

thats why I used it!!!

i've been using nod32 for past 6 months now, before it was kaspersky. i think nod32 is a lot better than kaspersky. kaspersky was good but it had black listed "key" problems way too much.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i’ve been using nod32 for past 6 months now, before it was kaspersky. i think nod32 is a lot better than kaspersky. kaspersky was good but it had black listed “key” problems way too much.
[/quote]

The measure of an antivirus program is how well it can detect malware, not how “crackable” it is. :P

wat about Kaspersky?

Kaspersky is two heavy :P If You Know what i Mean

When you post claims on who's better and who's not, post the source.

Try searching on AV-comparatives.org (I think that's the site).

And check out virusbtn.com (or net or org) - NOD32 has the least number of fails (3 only).

I'd go for the first site more, since they do a proper analysis.

And my heuristics scanning is on ;)

If You Want proof here is it www.download.com

Its run by cnet and avg iz da Bomb and avast is Good tooooooooo

i am using nod32 from 1.5 year and find it excellent.

Been using NOD32 for the last 2 years and have not had the need to reinstall my Windows XP (Rs. 30 edition) since then.

As per the latest AV comparative results, NOD32 got a "Advanced" Certification Level. Whereas Norton received an "Advanced+" certification. See the results for yourself on their site.

For all the folks stating Norton 2009 is a resource hog, they have obviously not tried the new product. I had the same outlook about Nortons, but all the new reviews/results have changed my view and I am dumping NOD32 as soon as it expires and am switiching my entire office to Norton. Read more about Norton here.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

For all the folks stating Norton 2009 is a resource hog, they have obviously not tried the new product. I had the same outlook about Nortons, but all the new reviews/results have changed my view and I am dumping NOD32 as soon as it expires and am switiching my entire office to Norton. Read more about Norton here.

[/quote]

Yes, I’ve been using Norton IS 2009 for the last few weeks as well – it isn’t that bad actually. They’ve really improved on their resource usage.

@ title : is NOD32 the Best????

H3ll no . it just takes less resources that's the only +point i'hv noticed in it , aside i like Avira better because of its high Detection rate

What really matters is the detection rate, the scanning rate and number of false positives (obviously, the resource utilization is an important factor).

Now go search on the net and do some searching of your own.

In the end, you'll receive sooo many replies you'll have no idea who to follow and what-not. Everyone'll advocate their currently-installed solution as the best, and others will say "no, yours is trashy".

Do a survey, see the historical perspectives, see which programs can be cracked ( :P ) and then see what's the best fit.