D 64 8

Super Frames 3607660 3607654

Super Frame Errors 0 0

RS Words 130837800 34003596

RS Correctable Errors 320 57

RS Uncorrectable Errors 0 1

HEC Errors 0 0

LCD Errors 0 0

My connection DC's alot and for the past few weeks i have been having IP address problem....which the ptcl told me was a problem for all phone numbers starting with 75......

anyways my download speed is always under 150kb.....

plus i wanted to know if my speed would go down if i connect a pc and laptop to modem at the same time..... i have a d-link wireless router but can't get it configured because it's in chinese and the ptcl people won't help....

and i never have constant speed sometimes it's in the 2mb's other times in 1mb's rarely in the 3mb's

Your Line attenuation is very less. Ask the technical support and Lineman to resolve your issue !

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Your Line attenuation is very less. Ask the technical support and Lineman to resolve your issue !
[/quote]

Lowattenauation is good. it should be low. but snr margin should be high for good lines. and this users snr margin and attenuation is outstanding.

and mr. azmuh plzz tell me that what r u paying to ptcl. 1mb package or 4mbpackage. if you are using 4mbps. then complaint it to 1218 or web complaint.

Lowattenauation is good. it should be low. but snr margin should be high for good lines. and this users snr margin and attenuation is outstanding.

and mr. azmuh plzz tell me that what r u paying to ptcl. 1mb package or 4mbpackage. if you are using 4mbps. then complaint it to 1218 or web complaint.

[/quote]

Attenuation is low dude :)

When line status will be fixed by Lineman attenuation will increase as soon as the lineman change the pair of Line and the wire coming to Splitter is totally without distortion and its cabinet pair must not be earthed somewhere

Here is my stat

DSL Up Time 4:48:01 System Up Time 4:48:32

Downstream Rate 6144 Upstream Rate 1141

Latency Type Interleaved Line Coding trellis on

SNR Margin US/DS 6.2 / 21.8 Line Attenuation US/DS 23.9 / 38.1

Hope u understand now !

your attenuation is good. but azmuh s attenuation is more good then you. read his status carefully. low attenuation is so good. or read this page for more information about snr margin andline attenuatoin.

http://wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5157

I bet :) his download speed will not increase without attenuation more than 30 :)

I bet :) his download speed will not increase without attenuation more than 30 :)
[/quote]

Any comments 2aed62d4001b7689563af6b351f0848ac7674a9cef39e060a9d2cc0cdd6535a92g.jpg

[/quote]

dude the less the attenuation, the better it is. your attenuation is pretty bad

Any comments http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/2aed62d4001b7689563af6b351f0848ac7674a9cef39e060a9d2cc0cdd6535a92g.jpg

[/quote]

Dude first of all your package is 1 mbps !

2ndly your SNR is same as any other normal 1 mbps package user, Regarding the attenuation what I said will make u realize when u make ur package upgrade to 4mbps and then your SNR will be dropped to 15-20, You wont be getting the speed according to package. Thats what I was trying to elaborate !

Here is the upgraded package

Connection Status Connected

Us Rate (Kbps) 1021

Ds Rate (Kbps) 4093

US Margin 6

DS Margin 19

Trained Modulation ADSL_2plus

LOS Errors 0

DS Line Attenuation 3

US Line Attenuation 14

Peak Cell Rate 2408 cells per sec

CRC Rx Fast 0

CRC Tx Fast 0

CRC Rx Interleaved 27

CRC Tx Interleaved 0

Path Mode Interleaved

This will help,

Line attenuation is in relation to the "loop loss" on your line. The lower this figure the better, and the better chance you have of getting the faster speeds.

Attenuation is a term used to describe the reduction of the adsl signal strength that occurs on the copper pair over distance and is measured in dB decibels. The further you are away from the exchange the higher your attenuation figure will be as the signal loss increases.

Attenuation is logarithmic and each 3dB of attenuation halves the strength of the signal power received, therefore a line with 30dB of attenuation only receives 1/1,000th of the power, whilst a 60dB line would only receive 1/1,000,000th.

True line attenuation is measured at the DSLAM at the exchange and this figure should remain fairly static. Our routers can give us an indication of how much the signal is attenuated as an average against all the frequencies that it uses.

Because the router measures against the frequencies available, some users may notice a very slight increase in attenuation if say moving from a fixed rate 512 kb connection up to 2Mb.

Higher frequencies such as those used to transmit faster speeds are more likely to be attenuated (higher frequencies = higher attenuation).

ADSL 2+ has an increased frequency spectrum, therefore an increased attenuation of around 3-4dB is not unusual. As a very rough guide a speed increase of 4Mb is said to increase the attenuation by 1dB.

It is also important to note that different routers may load the frequency bins in slightly different ways, and on top of that some routers report the average across the frequencies actually in use, whilst some may report the average across the frequencies available - which is why sometimes using a different router may report a slightly different attenuation figures.

[/quote]

Source:http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/linestats.htm#attenuation

Here is the upgraded package

Us Rate (Kbps) 1021

Ds Rate (Kbps) 4093

US Margin 6

DS Margin 19

LOS Errors 0

DS Line Attenuation 3

US Line Attenuation 14

CRC Rx Fast 0

CRC Tx Fast 0

CRC Rx Interleaved 27

CRC Tx Interleaved 0

Path Mode Interleaved

This will help,

Source:http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/linestats.htm#attenuation

[/quote]

Once again :) in simple words

Likhi Likhayi batain easy hoti hai but hard to experience.

2ndly would u mind showing your upgraded package speed as it was 1 mbps yesterday ! Dude alot of factors are there to attain high speed.

There are users who are having 4mbps and getting around 200 kb average download or speedtest or utorrent with high seeders , its all due to what I have tried to explain :) because whats written in the book is not always as it is !

the only thing we're trying to show here is that attenuation is better the less it is. you said the opposite

guys....wat i've come to know previously with various experiments and 2yrs experience. tht if ur modem does a good hand shaking with the DSLAM no matter hw r ur stats and attenuation is, things work flawless...nevertheless u can't avoid the line losses concept too...but the whole scenario works around the theory we study in books. In my case I first contacted the DSL officer and asked HIM(not 1218) tht which mode is best according to the DSLAMs installed in this particular exchange...he advised to use ADSL2 and G.Dmt. Now wat happened my attenuation decreased and surprisingly the Sync rate was maintained rather then falling, this mode basically reduced the SNR as well as attenuation. For attenuation this is gud but for SNR not at all. But things changed dramatically and opposite to theory.!!! now even with lower SNR my internet along with ping and speed is working flawlessly. I'm also attaching a surprisingly stupendous result which is just captured few minutes back. Now stop bickering and check it out... afterward we'll discuss it and i've one another results of such kind for you to see.! In this download the average speed i was getting was around 450KB/s.

4mbps.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My stats were as mentioned before, but after load-shedding, they changed over to these. Currently ADSL2+ is stable currently but I will also check with g.dmt. My download speed in orbit is around 425+. In torrents I'm getting 404 max.

Us Rate (Kbps) 1021

Ds Rate (Kbps) 4093

US Margin 6

DS Margin 15

LOS Errors 0

DS Line Attenuation 27

US Line Attenuation 14

CRC Rx Fast 0

CRC Tx Fast 0