Is my selected Hardware good for a gaming PC?

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4500

Graphic Card: GeForce 6600 LE 256MB, 128Bits PCI-E

Ram: Kingston 1GB DDR2 667Mhz

MotherBoard: Asus P5S-MX SE

Please Comment

1 GB RAM for gaming? Dude, you need 2 gigs at the very very least.

I checked the system requirements of Crysis the game rated Top this month which needs a RAM of 1GB

So, If this awesome game needs 1GB, than why will not other games work

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I checked the system requirements of Crysis the game rated Top this month which needs a RAM of 1GB

[/quote]

keep this in mind the game needs 1 Gb then what is left for u OS and the other programs

so Sah is right for gaming at least 2 gig is required

The MINIMUM required for Crysis is 1 GB on XP and 1.5 GB on Vista. The RECOMMENDED is 2 GB. Don't go by the minimum requirements. If a relatively old game like Crysis needs a minimum of 1 GB, then newer games will definitely not run on your system.

Not to mention you'll have to turn down your detail level in the game and it'd destroy the gaming experience!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

[/quote]

1 GB RAM for crysis?? impossible.

Crysis is one of the most power-hungry games of all. you need atleast 2-4GB for playing and atleast an 8800GTX or 9600GTX to get a respectable framerate.

sure it’d run with 1GB ram, but the framerate would be around 10-15fps

but you can always upgrade ram later. its card you need to worry about. get 8600gt and if better 9600gt. rest is very very good.

evil_dust my system

1gb ram

e2160

asus sis mobo

windows xp

7600gt 256 ddr 3

plays all games in medium to high settings,,am playing assassin creed in medium setting and i have a 22 inch monitor

u need to upgrade video card,,,

dude there is difference b/w running and running smothily sah is right go4 2 gigs and i think 6600 is quite old now go 4 same range but newer chip graphix