Is memory card size an issue?

Guys tell me one thing that does it really matter to use a particular (limited) size memory card for a particular MP3 player, or can we just extend the memory size to any extent by inserting a memory card of any size?

well, which mp3 player is it? most of the time you can use any size of memory card.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

well, which mp3 player is it? most of the time you can use any size of memory card.
[/quote]

Actually the specification of my MP3 player says “upto 3gb extenable memory”, but i want to know that what are the factors that influence the size upto which the memory can be extended.

What if i use a memory card of size greater than 2gb… i mean what will the potential dangers be involved in doing so or will it be just fine?

Kindly help me regarding the issue…

It makes no danger. I mean Mp3 and mobile phones have resources like this thing will be carried to this amount. So if you will upgrade it to 4 GB then your mp3 wont respond and will go dead or may be wont even recognize.

^ Dead mean It wont recognise it or iif you will overload it, it wiill become dead. i mean will go so slow ..:)

Its the device's address space space that restricts the memory size. Like you cant put a RAM more than 4GB in a P4 system. If it says expandable upto 3GB , its the best it can support.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Its the device’s address space space that restricts the memory size. Like you cant put a RAM more than 4GB in a P4 system. If it says expandable upto 3GB , its the best it can support.
[/quote]

Thanx bro, now i get it. Its probably the size of address bus that determines the extent upto which we can extend the memory of any device.