Is it okay for teachers to discipline their students by beating them in Schools

in our schools specially in Punjab regions teachers discipline their students by 'beating' them with sticks, kicks, and even some old minded Teachers go beyond than this with sexual harassment...Do you think this is appropriate?..what you think Should it be legal for teachers to beat unruly students? cuz Too many parents don't want to discipline their own children, so someone has to do it.

You are asking if sexual harassment is appropriate? :blink:

^ no excepting that

I'm in favor of "murgha", "kursi", "baithakain" and stick ONLY for above middle students because generally a student is of 10-12 in middle. I'm not in favor of slapping a student ever, because it is a show of disrespect, against the self-respect of student. Never ever think of touching(body contact) a student either male or female.

And i would like to kill a person who harasses his student sexually coz that is work of sick mind and thats it!

[quote=“armada, post:3, topic:15966”]

^ no excepting that

[/quote]

You said some old minded teachers sexually harass students (for disciplinary purposes) :P Maybe you wanna rephrase that.

Anyways, beating is common in village and small town schools. And I think it’s because of the beating culture we have i.e., parents beat their kids, older siblings beat younger siblings, and no one gives a #$%# because it’s considered to be the correct way to train and control kids (or sometimes we just beat kids because we can :D )

janab, spare the rod - spoil the child. But seeing the savage Pakistani teachers, i have modified. I say, spare light rod, spoil the child.

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:4, topic:15966”]

I’m in favor of “murgha”, “kursi”, “baithakain” and stick ONLY for above middle students because generally a student is of 10-12 in middle. I’m not in favor of slapping a student ever, because it is a show of disrespect, against the self-respect of student. Never ever think of touching(body contact) a student either male or female.

And i would like to kill a person who harasses his student sexually coz that is work of sick mind and thats it!

[/quote]

Absolutely Agree

Beaconhouse, LGS, and these kind of schools are churning out animals not humans. Booze, babes, robbery, corruption, anything you can imagine.

Also in Beaconhouse, LGS and these kind of institutes students abuse teachers. Swear at them, beat them, anything they can do. These are not

so called far heard stories, my own cousins who study in these institutes tell me. One school in rawalpindi was totally burnt down by the students

No one has the right to beat or sexually harrase anyone. Illiterate people are also living a wonderfull life. So beating a student to discipline will not create good humans but may be physcos. The knowledge being given in our schools/colleges isn't up to that standard which could make sure that a student will get a job after school/college. So the teachers (or anyone else) desires to controle children with spanking, slapping, sexually harrasing are the cheapest methods. Those who use such methods should be given punishment. Teachers should teach their studnets morals, values and protect them with responsibility. If they are not willing to do that then they should not teach.

Moreover to curb such incidents media, parents, civil society and government needs to stand up and take responsibilility for their children.

I know someone who was beaten with a stick...

made to stand in the sun for hours...

made to do crunches several times till he was admitted to a clinic...

What happened to him?

Lets just say he is not normal anymore...

I am against any form of punishment including that of slapping...

If the kid misbehaves then call the parents....

If parents dont respond then expel the student