Is it illegal to share ptcl broadband cable with neighborhoods

I think the OP doesn't actually gives a damn about if someone's doing some illegal activity or not. His mare objective here is to somewhat confirm that he wouldn't get into trouble if he does that activity.

As far as reselling internet bandwidth is concerned, If its illegal than PTCL is the biggest open criminal organization in our country :)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

It’s not illegal but it violates PTCL broadband’s Terms Of Service, and as such, PTCL has the right to terminate the internet connection if it wills.

PTCL’s TOS also prohibits VOIP and piracy so it’s pretty obvious that the TOS is just fluff to protect PTCL’s ass in case it gets sued or something.

[/quote]

That would also mean that PTCL cannot take any action or terminate a customer’s internet connection just because the customer was reselling the connection because PTCL itself is a reseller.

^ PTCL is an authorized internet service provider. It won't be classified under the same reseller category as a PTCL customer sharing his/her connection with others.

now here is the question what about the dime a dozen internet cafe shops in the every size all over any city of pakistan, technically they are doing the same thing i mean selling internet access to walk in customers very openly. what rule apply to them, by the way this is so non-issue we are discussing here.

^ Haha. Yes, this is definitely a non-issue. I'm just waiting to close the thread (but it is quite entertaining!).

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ PTCL is an authorized internet service provider. It won’t be classified under the same reseller category as a PTCL customer sharing his/her connection with others.
[/quote]

Big fish small fish stuff… but a fish is a fish IMO.

The thread should have closed from the start, none of us have the legal expertise here. heck, pk and legality LOL