Is it illegal to share ptcl broadband cable with neighborhoods

if yes its illegal then how can i complaint to ptcl and they take strong action aginst those people which i've known because complaint to local exchange is not helpful those are also criminals ?

i know a person who is shareing his student broadband connection within neighborhoods for money !

No its not illegal.

Let others live and earn some bucks from student discount.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i

i know a person who is shareing his student broadband connection within neighborhoods for money !

[/quote]

so… i mean if kid is making some money so whats your problem, at least he is providing service to other its in return for money. whats wrong with it.

i don’t mean to be rude but if you are such a good Samaritan then what have you done for real issues like 7 woman burried alive in balochistan, police brutality etc so far, would you be kind enough to tell us here at WP besides showing so much kindness to PTCL.

if yes its illegal then how can i complaint to ptcl and they take strong action aginst those people which i’ve known because complaint to local exchange is not helpful those are also criminals ?

[/quote]

I am sure sharing the internet connection is not one of your actual concern… right?

LOL.

Dude. When you get an internet connection, its YOURS. You can share it with 1000 people if you want. I can share it within the house in different rooms, or i can share it with my neighbors. Ofcourse if someone else is using my connection i will not be able to get full speed of my connection at my end. So if i share my connection, My speed will also decrease. So its his business and non of your f-ing concern :).

Its not illegal.

Let him make some money!

one thing more have you ever not seen on the backs of rickshaws it written:

سڑیا نہ کر

!دعا کریا کر

i want to confirm now lets to do me too and i will share cheaper then him

if yes its illegal then how can i complaint to ptcl and they take strong action aginst those people which i’ve known because complaint to local exchange is not helpful those are also criminals ?

[/quote]

This is pakistan. Such things are common here. My whole area is doing this. I am also using a shared connection.

[/quote]

Basically it is illegal! But you know the law and order situation in Pakistan, so just chill and start your own business also :P

No its not illegal.
[/quote]

off course its illegal

its like having a telephone for home and running PCO on it

^ At best its a gray area. No one can prove or stop such activity unless its being done on a mass scale (in which case it will be illegal since it would involve regulatory and taxation issues) and it would be sheer stupidity to do so. What if I have roommates and am selling the internet to them at a profit within my household? What if I plug-in a wireless router and am selling internet services to all my adjacent neighbors? There are more important problems in the world...

And having said all that, I don't even think PTCL would care. I went through my own ISP's TOS, and no where do they mention anything about resale of internet services. And even if officially PTA would deem such activity illegal, they wouldn't care since its a very small local setup. Not to mention the fact that you can't get much mileage out of one PTCL student connection!

Long story short, armada don't you have better things to do in life!

off course its illegal

its like having a telephone for home and running PCO on it

[/quote]

PTCL does not have a fair usage policy yet, or at least they dont enforce it that much. If they did, such sort of things wouldnt happen.

If a person is given X bandwidth, then thats all that he/she can use, either personally, or share it with a bunch of people making a make shift network. Its use it or lose it.

Like others said, its a grey area at best, but don’t think it is illegal.

Sharing with profit is illegal, otherwise it aint.

Its up to you to take action, but be warned its easier to make enemies but harder to make friends

i would say ptcl cares for this matter that is the only reason they took back the student package for 2 and 4 MB packages few months back they knew its been used for commercial purpose now its only 1 MB for student package cause of the wrong use of home connection for commercial purpose.

my recommendation for the elders here is not to support people who wants to make lots of money and don't want to spend a penny

^ It doesn't matter if a connection is being used by one person, or shared between a hundred people. It is possible to max out your bandwidth and download continuously either way. If PTCL has a fair usage policy, they'll look into the matter themselves. If not, then who cares.

Considering all the other problems and corruption which takes place in Pakistan, I find it rather funny that people are getting so excited about this minor issue being possibly illegal and reporting it.

Considering all the other problems and corruption which takes place in Pakistan, I find it rather funny that people are getting so excited about this minor issue being possibly illegal and reporting it.

[/quote]

x 100.

to users who are claiming it is illegal can explain according to what parliamentarian or constitutional law it is illegal.

to users who are claiming it is illegal can explain according to what parliamentarian or constitutional law it is illegal.
[/quote]

It’s not illegal but it violates PTCL broadband’s Terms Of Service, and as such, PTCL has the right to terminate the internet connection if it wills.

PTCL’s TOS also prohibits VOIP and piracy so it’s pretty obvious that the TOS is just fluff to protect PTCL’s ass in case it gets sued or something.

^ Can you provide the exact excerpt from PTCL's TOS which says that?