Is DSL the new dial up?

Say 5 years down the lane,do you think it would be that popular?

It already is in the real (i.e. civilized) world, with ISPs providing several megabits-per-second of bandwidth for pocket change.

The developed world is what you mean I assume

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

The developed world is what you mean I assume
[/quote]

yes ‘The developed world’ not ‘civilized world’

By changing names you won't feel the difference, for me dsl and dialup are same.ISP's in Pakistan have changed the name from dialup to dsl,unfortunately the speed remains the same.Here is the proof,name doesn't matter but the performance matters alot

look at the performance of 1MB :D

359762525.png

Only major threat for DSL would be wireless internet (WiMax or any new)). At least in Pakistan, no company will lay wires just for internet in near future.

Most users don't get good DSL service but it is still much better than Dial-up that was available in pakistan (frequent disconnections, av. ~ 32kbps).

I don't think wireless is a serious threat because of high latency and higher price. I think the future is good DSL..

I would strongly recommend you switch your ISP or complain to 1218 about yourline.Or maybe your house is a long distance from exchange or may be lines are not that good..In that case you can switch to cable or wireless.

Here is my speed test result..I live in Sargodha and ptcl Dsl was launched here more then a month back.I use ptcl dsl,2mb connection:

361244528.png

i think the future is ONU

^wat ONU stands for?

A user can subscribe to 2mb connection presently,what will be the highest connection given till the end of 2009? upto 10mbps or I am dreaming.

^ can you please also dream about the Offered Package Price of 10Mbps :P. what it would be?

Yeah, round about 1200 :P

haha. I wish you dream come true :cool:

Realistically, unlimited 1 mbps should be for no more than Rs. 1,000 a month. Adjust for inflation and stuff.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

A user can subscribe to 2mb connection presently,what will be the highest connection given till the end of 2009? upto 10mbps or I am dreaming.
[/quote]

I’d say 6Mb…Or atleast 4 mb

nice to see people in Pakistan are still optimistic about something :)

its not dsl its dial up 2.0 heheheheh