Is Cable net safe fo our PC's personlized data

I am in doldrums to go for cable net or not because some of my friends told me that never go for cable net because it is not safer for your privacy and your computer data is like an open book to every one and you will constantly hit by viruses e.t.c.

But on the other i can only afford cable net i.e. 500 Rs. / month.

Currently i am using net through Zong unlimited package which has 2 GB limit which i can utilize in 15 days. I spend around 700 Rs. per month on internet and I can enhance it to 1000 Rs. / month.

Please give your suggestions on cable net safety and also advise me any service which fall within my budget and please don't advise me about DSL because i don't have Land line connection.

Thank You

yar get LDN or PTCL student 1mbps package

and yeah cable net can compromise ur privacy

You can use cable net without compromising your PC by using a good Firewall like ZoneAlarm Pro and carefully configuring it to allow access only to the needed applications.

^^^^

You are Right

But if me , i will never choose The Cable Net

there is not only Question of Computer Data ,

Even a Children can Do DNS Spoofing , packet logging , packet Capturing type things in LAN

You don't know that When ever you will enter your password on Yahoo Login box , You username and password cab logged on Cable net server .

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

yar get LDN or PTCL student 1mbps package

and yeah cable net can compromise ur privacy

[/quote]

he is saying he doesnt has the land line connection !!

cable net is not safe at all , even intermediate hackers may peep into ur data privacy

Every Internet Connection is save if you secure you computer with up2dated antivirus + firewall like zone alarm + if you are using windows then keep it update + no file and folder sharing over network.

Google4u

^ +2 :)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Every Internet Connection is save if you secure you computer with up2dated antivirus + firewall like zone alarm + if you are using windows then keep it update + no file and folder sharing over network.

Google4u

[/quote]

i dont think so , dns Spoofing can be stopped via Firewall of Antivirus

Most certainly there are folks who will try to compromise PCs with loopholes or security glitches. Get your PC with latest "advance system care professional" now. It is user friendly and has many features.

Regards

My experience with cable net was very bad, i always had a feeling that my computer is unsafe no matter how good strong firewall i had but thankgod, no more. Every now and then my pc gets infected but after switching to dsl no more issues.

No matter how many anti virus or Firewalls you install the only thing they will do is stop any intrusion of your PC. But there is no way to stop people using Data Sniffers, or Data Packet Analyzers. All of the traffic will be passing through one entry point. Besides the only secure computer today is the one not connected to the internet, other then that installing anti virus and Firewalls are mere placebos. There is no real way of preventing those who wants to keep an eye from you. All of Pakistans 65GB internet traffic passes through PTA's servers, meaning there is only one entry and exit point so they can pretty much monitor what ever you do.

If your still worried about the security of your privacy you can take few measures, just google em.

Cable usually have bandwidth limitations e.g my ex cable net provider only allowed 50 MB downloading per day, with no torrents. While my current req is 3 Gb + .