Is 2mb connection worthy?

yesterday i talked to guy which in in ptcl dsl installation department, i said how should upgrade my connection ...he was why i want that (

i said i have 3-4 pc connected in lan .....i was thinking that he will guide me ...but instead he said its not worth to upgrade as ptcl is strong enough to provide full speed . he added that u will not feel the diff b/w 1mb and 2 mb connection :( ....

that is strange for me ....so i thought i should ask u guys

any body who has experienced both bandwidths ????

wt the max speed u can get from ptcl 2mb link at evening time?

Obviously its fast than 1024kbps connection.1024kbps connection gives you 128KB/sec transfer rate whereas 2048kbps gives you 256KB/sec transfer rate/downloading speed.Speed will be highly dependent on your land-line.So precisely go get it.

If you only want DSL for browsing and won't be using it on more than 1 PC most of the time, then 1mbps is sufficient. But if you download a lot or stream videos or will be using internet on multiple PCs at the same time then 2mbps is worth the extra money.

Max. speed on 2mbps will be between 200KBps and 230KBps.

well i get 200k+ speed at morning times and some times at evening before 6pm ...

at other time slots i got 90 k(avg) most of the times ....... but occasionally i get 30k speed too :( ....

that y i am confused ....i was hoping to get constant speed.....u ppl also face these variations ????

^ coz its a shared DSl, its obvious. 2MB is better than 1MB

This is the speed i am getting on my 2mb connection.

463298052.png

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

well i get 200k+ speed at morning times and some times at evening before 6pm …

at other time slots i got 90 k(avg) most of the times … but occasionally i get 30k speed too :(

that y i am confused …i was hoping to get constant speed…u ppl also face these variations ???

[/quote]

I always get full speed (it sometimes falls a little to ~380KBps for few minutes but it almost never falls below 300KBps) while downloading. I do encounter few speed issues sometimes when i am streaming or using only 1 stream, restarting router usually solves this issue.