Ipod v/s sony walkmann series cellphones

just curious to know whats the main difference between ipod and W" series (high quality one).

You mean to know the difference between the sound quality?

walkman series also has a great sound quality

what else is the diff ?

iPod isnt a phone. So you carry around two devices at one time.

means ipod is a useless thing if one has a walkman series phone ?

ipod touch is the ultimate answer for all lovers..

maybe some will say that it has hefty price tag rather very hefty tag,but it is something that must be the list of must-buy..fantastic appz,fantastic music..all fun...

so it is JUST a fashion device ? please note i m asking the difference .

^u must know that ipod was the one which broke the hegemony of walkman long ago and then there is only ipod..

u can easily find the differences by google between the two..

ipod G5 has no custom equalizer , only presets !! walkman series provide the custom settings too !

any more comments from other ppl plz

Ipod is useless

Apple concentrate more on making it stylish, Walkman series have better audio quality than ipod and many others such as creative zen has better quality then ipod

The basic thing is if you want just an mp3 player, to listen to songs to, then walkman is a much better choice, on the other hand if you want extra stuff like apps or to showoff, ipod will be a better choice.I'll list the Pros of each

Walkman

Sound Quality

Battery

Headphones

Drag n drop, no iTunes

SensMe

iPod

Apps

Support for hardware/software, like accessories and stuff

Style/Showoff

Click Wheel

Software inside iPod has many features

Only songs bought from iTunes can be used for genius playlist so I don't think it is a Pro as almost no one in Pakistan buys legal songs.

The new current iPod will give you features other than music. Apps and mainly gaming as well.

If thats what you want, just buy a PSP alongwith a good pair of earphones. Its the best choice if you want a multimedia device for fun! Nothing beats GTA on the go :P

A good walkman phone ... is a phone ... cam ... walkman ... the music sharing is much easy ... on the go anywhere anytime!

Ipod sound is way better than walkman mobile phones or walkman mp3 player .....i have both walkman phone w850i and mp3 player also ...........but ipod sound is solid and crisp as compare to walkman ........ only flaw is that they dont give proper headphone or earphone which can improve the sound of ipod

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Ipod sound is way better than walkman mobile phones or walkman mp3 player …i have both walkman phone w850i and mp3 player also …but ipod sound is solid and crisp as compare to walkman … only flaw is that they dont give proper headphone or earphone which can improve the sound of ipod
[/quote]

Everyone’s ears are different, some prefer ipod but most prefer walkman over ipod. Also most reviews by credible sites like cnet say that walkman sound is somewhat better than ipod.

http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/apple-ipod-nano-fourth/4505-6490_7-33247195.html

It lists in cons that sound quality is only average. This is taken from the review "While the iPod Nano doesn’t offer the sonic richness and advanced EQ settings of a Sony or Cowon MP3 player, it does sound balanced and should please most listeners."

Your mp3 player is old as i have the same one, new one has a digital amplifier and built in noise cancellation. For comparison purposes, we should use the latest tech from both. Engadget said x1050 was the best sounding mp3 player hands down.

^^ agreed

Genius in Itunes and players doesn't need paid downloads to work. You just need internet access to activate it and perhaps an itunes account.

who cares to pay stupid apple itune store..

just jail break it and enjoy as much as u can...

Ipod is useless

Apple concentrate more on making it stylish, Walkman series have better audio quality than ipod and many others such as creative zen has better quality then ipod

[/quote]

have u ever used Ipod brada??

u ppl are sick

nothing can ever beat Ipods sound

but well yeah, for nadeem i would like to say that He is Completely a FANBOY, that he made a seperate Thread on APPLE vs SONY just after the guy want to sell his Ipod …

dude i request u that please Dont Ruin it…

u can never compare SONy,s walkman to IPoD…

and yeah if u talk abt fashion . so its not fashion its BRAND

Apple has a name which he Gains by his products …

so my vote 100 % goes for IPODs …

well for any FANBOY…

dun take it seriously

^u must know that ipod was the one which broke the hegemony of walkman long ago and then there is only ipod…

u can easily find the differences by google between the two…

[/quote]

u cant make them Understand dogorsahab :S

FFS . evryone knows here that IPOD is IPOD.,

its sound is way crisp and it never hurts ur ears in Equal manners…

so any other arguement anyone else wanna make :D

carry on Zeek :D

cause theres no treatment for a self made desease :D

^Yea I am agree with you And yes Apple is a brand not a fashion i just love Ipod Touch

Mobile phone is just a phone.

@simaem: Argue the point not the person. You're calling nadeem5476 and evil_dust fanboys while displaying fanboy characteristics yourself. And it's not Ipod, it's iPod.

Let's just see how Walkman really compares to iPod in Sound Quality (argue the point):

Reviews from any credible site like PCMag, CNet, or even forums like head-fi.org as well as on anythingbutipod if they compare Walkman to iPod AND other MP3 Players, they ALWAYS praise Sony for its Sound Quality.

My own personal experience: iPods lack bass (Clear Bass at +1 beats iPod at any level) and do not even have a friggin' custom EQ. Sony has warmth in its sound, yet it sounds crisp if the EQ is correctly adjusted (as well as b-gain and t-gain if you find out how to modify it). And Sony Walkman MP3 players have better sound than usual Sony Phones maybe except W705 and W995 and few others that were released recently AFAIK. Maybe there were a few others with the same enhancements.

The only worthwhile product from Apple in Gadgets is iPod Touch due to its apps and superior software as well as processor and ram. iPhone is overpriced, iPod Nano and Shuffle are too, but largely because they give lower quality at the same price, and worse headphones.

Let's see excerpts from Sony Walkman X Series Reviews:

PCMag:

Source: http://shop.pcmag.com/article/Sony%20X%20Series%20Walkman%20NWZX1051/242020_1.aspx

"The out-of-box listening experience, frankly, kicks butt when compared with what you get with the iPod, with its subpar included earbuds and lousy EQ presets."

Engadget:

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/05/sony-oled-walkman-impressions/

"One thing that we can't possibly praise highly enough is the audio quality. We tested this player with a range of earbuds -- from the stock ones bundled with an iPod to a set of Westone UM1s -- and we were simply blown away with the dynamics. Hands down, this is the best sounding PMP that we've had the pleasure of using, and sticklers for good sound will definitely be impressed."

CNet:

Source: http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/sony-x-series-walkman/4505-6490_7-33485025.html

"There's no denying the Sony X-Series Walkman is a player with a premium price tag; luckily, the player serves up performance worthy of its luxury device standing. Foremost, audio quality is excellent, even through the packaged earbuds, which themselves are much higher in quality than those included with nearly any other MP3 player (the Touch among them)."

Last Line: "For audio fanatics who want a luxury device with all the bells and whistles, the X-Series is an excellent choice."

And now, excerpt from iPod Touch Review:

CNet:

Source: http://reviews.cnet.com/portable-video-players-pvps/apple-ipod-touch-second/4505-6499_7-33248628.html?tag=mncol;lst

"For reasons known only to Apple, the obsessive detail poured into the iPod's design doesn't translate into audio performance. The barrage of sound enhancement settings packed into MP3 players from Sony, Cowon, and Samsung, are in stark contrast to the unchanged and marginally useful list of EQ presets included on the iPod."

PCMag didn't compare audio quality.

Other points mentioned:

1) iPod sells more than Walkman: So if something sells more, it automatically has better sound quality. Neither is it selling more in any way related to it's quality. Much of the reason why Apple sells is due to Apple's intensive marketing and their ability to maintain strict secrecy over their products. All of Apple's products have more showoff value as well. Apple had the advantage of offering larger flash based memory in the beginning hence it gained a monopoly. Usually the first one to enter the market has an advantage(PS2, Nintendo DS etc.).

2) Apple has gained its name by its products: So has Sony, Sony is a bigger name than Apple. Apple only beats Sony badly in the MP3 Player section if you consider sales only.

3) It's not Fashion, it's a Brand: iPods are the thinnest MP3 Players made to look good while sacrificing actual features. iPod Nano's 24hr battery is extremely low compared to the competition. Apple or atleast iPod Nano and iPod Shuffle are Fashion over Features. Add to that the fact that their batteries aren't really good (don't have long life) and are also unstable according to recent news and studies.