Ipod Touch 4 G Advice

Hey Guys,

Need Advice, I am new to apple and planning to buy an Ipod Touch 4G, 8 GB Model.

Is the 8 GB memory enough for 500 Songs, 3 to 5 movies,5 to 10 HD games and approx 20 apps????

Thanks

nope its not

i think ipod era is over now, go for tablet android etc which is more beneficial in long run.

[quote=“shiraz, post:, topic:”]

Hey Guys,

Need Advice, I am new to apple and planning to buy an Ipod Touch 4G, 8 GB Model.

Is the 8 GB memory enough for 500 Songs, 3 to 5 movies,5 to 10 HD games and approx 20 apps???

Thanks

[/quote]

YUP its more than enough

- average full HD game is like 150 megs so 10 games = 1.5 gigs

- 5 full 1.5 hours movies formatted for iphone in mp4 so 300 megs X 5 = 1.5 gigs

- 500 songs of average length of 5 megs each encoded at 192 kbits in m4a format so 500 songs x 5 megs = 2.5 gigs

- average decent sized app is about 10 megs so 100 apps x 10 meg = 1 gig

so:

10 games = 1.5 gigs

5 full movies = 1.5 gig

500 songs = 2.5 gigs

100 full sized apps = 1 gig

so the total is 6.5 gigs what you want to put in. looking at my own 8 gig 4th gen ipod touch you really get about 7.2 gigs free when you turn on the first time reason is that formatting takes away about .45 gig and another .35 gig is for ios, so after putting your 6.5 gig stuff in there you’ll be left with 7.2 - 6.5 = 700 megs of free space.

in my experience you always need to leave about 500 megs free no matter what 'cause the apps and other stuff you use need their own little space to store data for example if you use google earth it would require 100 to 200 meg cache for maps etc.

COMING WEDNESDAY NEW IPOD TOUCH IS COMING FROM APPLE WITH IOS 5 PREINSTALLED AND PRICE HAS DROPPED TO 199 DOLLARS FROM OLD PRICE WHICH WAS 229 DOLLARS SO IF SOMEBODY SELL YOU WTH IOS 4 THEN DON’T BUY THAT THIS MEANS ITS OLD STOCK.USUALLY LOCAL SELLER WILL TELL YOU THEY WILL UPGRADE IT FOR YOU TO IOS 5 ANSWER TO THAT LOCAL SELLER IS “F-UCK YOU AND F-UCK OFF”

somebody remarked android, decent android honeycomb 3.1/3.2 7" plus tablets start at 350 dollars and up. so you can’t compare that with 199 dollars ipod touch its in different class. and there is nothing comparable in 199 dollar neighborhood, please don’t quote me third rate dime a dozen obsolete 500 mhz cpu running android 2.1 type tablets which starts at 100 dollars and up…

and as for 199 dollars kindle fire its modified android doesn’t have cameras, bluetooth, mic and not even real android market 'cause amazon got their own version of market so amazon control whats apps will be allowed, its subscription based model etc so in my opinion excellent reader if you are into books but its no way do anything android tablet like samsung galaxy etc.

EDIT UPDATE:

don’t buy from grey market, buy from apple authorized reseller in pakistan, they got new ios 5 ipod touch prices will be anounced soon as website says.

http://www.mediacenterpk.com/ipodtouch

-

Thanks Kamran,

insha allah i ll get my ipod from Malaysia , Apple Malaysia Official websites show 699 Ringgit and mediacenterpk is selling @ 22 PKR.

^^

no problem man, good luck in your ipod touch purchase.