Iphone vs Ipod

I found that there are majour 2 difference in Iphone and Ipd. i.e. GSM/GPR/EDGE and GPS but the price difference is HUGE. So, what would be reason for?

There are lot of hidden differences. For example:

1. The screen on the iPhone is very much superior as compared to iPod Touch. Not only the screen inside but also the glass on top of it and ipod touch has a normal display while iPhone has an IPS display. (IPS = In Plane Switching)

2. The overall build quality of the iPhone 4 is much better as compared to iPod Touch. As regards durability and strength as well.

3. iPod Touch has a VGA camera (no flash no autofocus), iPhone 4 has a 5 mp camera with flash and autofocus. Old iPods didn't have a camera.

4. iPod Touch's Screen does not have a Oleophobic coating (The coating prevents smudges to develop on the screen) but an iPhone has it.

5. Also i think RAM is lower in iPod as compared to iPhone. But not sure about that.

6. iPod has a chrome back which easily gets scratched while iPhone 4 has hard glass at the back which is not easily scratchable.

However, i still think that buying an iPod touch and a simple and sasta phone is a very good combination. Many people I know have done it instead of buying the iPhone.

Yeah last sentence is good. Hehehehehe

I do not agree to two things rnathbatra. First how is the iphone's screen superior to that of ipod in terms of quality.. i guess its the same resolution and technology.. Secondly how does a chrome aluminium back gets scratched..?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I do not agree to two things rnathbatra. First how is the iphone’s screen superior to that of ipod in terms of quality… i guess its the same resolution and technology… Secondly how does a chrome aluminium back gets scratched…?
[/quote]

i’ll teach you something read this “ga ou pesh goo ga zaber gaa le sakin = GOOGLE” its good idea to use it before posting gibersh.

go back to mathbatra post point no 1, google it

and then go to mathbatra point no 2, google it

THIS IS HOW IPHONE 4 SCREEN IS SUPERIOR THAN NEW IPOD

and yes aluminium back get scratches as mathbatra has stated in point no6, due to the fact its “pure mirror like” chrome aluminium back where even single scratch is visible from distant.

@ kamran

That google thing was funny. Lol. Too good.

@ Zazzyo

Yeah i agree both have same resolution but the display technology is different. IPhone 4 has an IPS lcd display. Google for it. Its an amazing lcd technology used in lcd TVs.

About the chrome thing, i have seen lots of ipod touches with lots of scratches at the back and they look very bad, its better to keep a case over Ipod all the time.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i’ll teach you something read this “ga ou pesh goo ga zaber gaa le sakin = GOOGLE” its good idea to use it before posting gibersh.

go back to mathbatra post point no 1, google it

and then go to mathbatra point no 2, google it

THIS IS HOW IPHONE 4 SCREEN IS SUPERIOR THAN NEW IPOD

and yes aluminium back get scratches as mathbatra has stated in point no6, due to the fact its “pure mirror like” chrome aluminium back where even single scratch is visible from distant.

[/quote]

I admit im not that well researched (unlike you) but its not good to point out someone’s thoughts as gibberish.