Iphone problem!

Im completely new to iphone.just got the 16gb version as a gift...i turned the phone on and it gave me the message"iphone disabled..connect to itunes" i think the previous owner bought a stolen iphone and entered the wrong passcode too many times;p so the problem is when i connect my phone to pc it is recognized as a camera and itunes doesnt recognize it..i tried to update its driver but couldnt find usbaapl.sys..can anybody help how do i restore

Try putting the iphone in dfu mode or restore mode. Use youtube to findout how to do that!

@G.a.m.e

in addition to MoHaa, if the iPhone you got was not factory unlocked(which is most possible case) then you are probably gonna face the whole process of restoring, jailbreaking and unlocking to make it, for you, a working device. because fixing your current iPhone state includes a restore process which will leave your iPhone locked if it was not factory unlocked.

The thread can give you much information to jailbreak and unlock your iPhone after you restore your iPhone with any OS.

Remember to read all the stuff on the thread and on the references in that thread before attempting any thing. also the the latest OS version 3.1.3, however has been jailbroken but not recommended yet by iPhone Dev Team. So you can proceed with 3.0, 3.1 and 3.1.2.

jailbraking/unlocking 3.1.2 is very straight forward.

Read all the stuff just Before restoring your iPhone with any OS version

Any other source for apps other then the app store?

if ur iphone z jail broken nu the source z cydia from vch u can download thousand of softwares

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Any other source for apps other then the app store?
[/quote]

Have you fixed your phone?

And if have done with jailbreaking your iPhone, you would already have Cydia Application with and Cydia Icon[1] on your phone’s main screen icons called “Spring Board”. you might want to drag the screen horizontally to switch between board pages. you might get that Icon on Second Page.

References

[1] Cydia Icon Cydia_icon.png

Your phone has got hard locked and you need to master reset the phone. Contact the service provider and get PUK code of the phone.

[quote=“Tymone, post:7, topic:9479”]

Your phone has got hard locked and you need to master reset the phone. Contact the service provider and get PUK code of the phone.

[/quote]

Well done for reviving 1.5-years-old thread just to increase your post count.

[quote=", post:8, topic:9479"]

Well done for reviving 1.5-years-old thread just to increase your post count.

[/quote]

Unfortunately many guys are doing this even for those threads where OP himself said that his problem has been resolved.

Threads older than 60 days should be locked except for the OP. Of course this should not be applied to pinned threads.