iPhone News / Problems / Solutions

Quite a few new topics are being created for the iPhone, so all queries, solutions etc. can be posted here

The new iphone firmware 2.1 is due to be released today, it is

* a big update according to Steve Jobs

* going to fix a lot of bugs, such as fewer dropped calls

* going to bring better battery life improvements

* going to fix crashing Apps

* going to speed up backups

* going to speed up syncing

Just hope the dev team unlocks it quickly, cant wait to upgrade

Can i buy a iphone 3g in lahore ??? I havnt find it any where . If any one know about it , Please let me know at abrarnaeem85@gmail

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

The new iphone firmware 2.1 is due to be released today, it is

* a big update according to Steve Jobs

* going to fix a lot of bugs, such as fewer dropped calls

* going to bring better battery life improvements

* going to fix crashing Apps

* going to speed up backups

* going to speed up syncing

Just hope the dev team unlocks it quickly, cant wait to upgrade

[/quote]

They’ve already come out with their latest pwnage tool that let’s you install 2.1 with ease. Though http://iphone.unlock.no/ has not yet provided a direct download link to the 2.1 as yet, so you must go through iTunes.

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

too bad that pwnage tool 2.1 is just for mac right now not windows, the windows version is winpwn and is yet to be released for 2.1, however iphne hacks has provided a link for the

custom unlocked 2.1 firmware, used it and works perfectly didn't even hav to go to dfu mode, the direct links can be found on iclarified

coolbouy;

dont go for iphone 3g as you will be payng extra 15000 rupees for nothing as the 3g service is not available here and the only additiional option in iphone 3g is the 3g of course,whereas the software of both devices is the same i.e. the same features in both ov them, also there is no software unlock available yet for 3g, only one available is the turbo sim hardware method which i doubt you will find in pakistan.

go to hafeez centre or go to the apple retail outlet in pace

I compared the first gen iphone and the 3G version here:

http://telecompk.net/2008/09/14/iphone-in-pakistan-3g/

anyone updated to 2.1, i just did installed 66 apps via itunes and guess what they didnt crash neither did the phone slow down, best firmware= 2.1

2.1 is stable, my only complaint is that the SMS application takes a while to load the previous conversations on start up

2.1 is stable, my only complaint is that the SMS application takes a while to load the previous conversations on start up
[/quote]

And they still haven’t resolved the number issue on SMS, which shows the complete number with area code and fails to recognize it as a contact stored in phone book. I remember when i had an older firmware, there was a fix by iClarified for this, but i can’t seem to find it for 2.1

Anyone have any idea… post it out here… thanks

It is not a bug , rather it only occurs in the unlocked iPhones , I have read on forums that this problem only occurs on non at and t phones.don't know why it happens

It is not a bug , rather it only occurs in the unlocked iPhones , I have read on forums that this problem only occurs on non at and t phones.don’t know why it happens
[/quote]

It’s not a bug, but something they haven’t paid attention to rather. And it’s got nothing to do with whether the iPhone is unlocked or not. Back in the US, whether someone calls you or SMSes you, it shows the same number, unlike here, where a cell phone number shows up as 0333-xxxx and if the same person SMSes you it shows as +92333xxxx, so this is where the iPhone is not able to do what a basic Nokia phone does. I’m sure they can address this situation if they received enough complains about it, which they don’t seem to apparently, otherwise it would have been fixed ages ago.

where would they recieve the complaints from, people here in pakistan cant tell apple that we are using unlocked phones and cant see the phone numbers correctly, right now the only complaints they would be addressing to would be the ones from users with official carriers and they dont get this problem, any idea when iphone will be officially launched in pk and with which provider? would love to get 3g, i think the delay is beacuse of the lack of 3g in pakistan, pk is not evenin the list of countries in which iphone is to be lanched even though iphones are now getting very common in pakistan

where would they recieve the complaints from, people here in pakistan cant tell apple that we are using unlocked phones and cant see the phone numbers correctly, right now the only complaints they would be addressing to would be the ones from users with official carriers and they dont get this problem, any idea when iphone will be officially launched in pk and with which provider? would love to get 3g, i think the delay is beacuse of the lack of 3g in pakistan, pk is not evenin the list of countries in which iphone is to be lanched even though iphones are now getting very common in pakistan
[/quote]

iPhone is launched in a number of countries where there is no 3G (for e.g in India with Airtel http://www.airtel.in/iphone3g/getready.html). If you look at from a numbers and logistics point of view, Pakistan is a very attractive market for Apple to consider. The only reason for the delay of iPhone being launched in different parts of the world are Apple’s demand of some 30% of the operators revenue from users who use the iPhone.

Also rumors from reliable sources are that Pakistan is in the top list for Apple to launch iPhone 3G.

i sure hope so

whats the price of iphone 2g In rawalpindi and admins should make this a sticky thread

Also rumors from reliable sources are that Pakistan is in the top list for Apple to launch iPhone 3G.

[/quote]

So which operator does everybody predict to be selected by iPhone in Pakistan?

So which operator does everybody predict to be selected by iPhone in Pakistan?

[/quote]

Does anyone have a 3G network yet? Is any network planning one?

well it does look optimistic as the 3G service in pakistan is due to start in the first quarter of 2009 and recently the itunes store for pakistan has also been launched so it can be seen that apple has plan for pakistan

The price of 2G unlocked in rawalpindi is 44000, it used to cost 38000 but then price increased, it has been discontinued so hurry if want to get one