Iphone Help!

I am at Dubai right now for vacations so there telecom which is ETISALAT is offering IPhone 3G and i am planning to get it as the package is great the problem with it is that i want to know that when i am back to PAK will it work over there or i would have to go through that some unlocking stuff???

and weather unlocking is hard to do???

^you even need unlocking your iPhone if you want to use it with another Service instead of the Service Provider you have contract with, whether you use it with any other Service Provider in Dubai or out side of Dubai. and in Pakistan you really need it to be unlocked.

not that hard

Question.

Do they contract with the individuals who are just on vacations :rolleyes: (not a resident)?

^not me ma father works over there so he is a resident

so can you tell me some links where i can get this unlocking stuff?????

Google it.....they are all over

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I am at Dubai right now for vacations so there telecom which is ETISALAT is offering IPhone 3G and i am planning to get it as the package is great the problem with it is that i want to know that when i am back to PAK will it work over there or i would have to go through that some unlocking stuff???

[/quote]

no ull not have to unlock if ur getting from Etisalat. Iphones sold in dubai by Etisalat are factory unlocked.

you sure about this???

and when i update the firmware then will it get locked again?????

you sure about this???

and when i update the firmware then will it get locked again???

[/quote]

no it will never be locked…u can update to whichever firmware u want.

see the link below from apple’s website it clearly states the locked and unlock status according to countries and u can see UAE is not locked.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1937

thanks man

but when is IPhone gonna arrive at PAK isn't it too late????

i meant officially...

you sure about this???

and when i update the firmware then will it get locked again???

[/quote]

yes if they are unlocked then it will not get locked any time when you update.

I also see that the they are giving unlocked phones.

but their prices, as of 05-May-2009, are very high as you get the iPhone 3G 8GB for

monthly 0 - AED. 2,680/- that is around PKR. 60,000/-

monthly AED.499 for 12 months - 499x12= AED. 5988/- that is around PKR. 1,34,000/-

as per the article below

http://stuffmiddleeast.com/2009/05/05/iphone-price-drops-thanks-etisalat/

the prices above were decreased after almost 2.5 months of when it was introduced by Etisalat on 21-Feb-2009

as per the article below

http://www.shufflegazine.com/2009/02/21/etisalat-uae-iphone-details-revealed-start-selling-sunday-february-22/

it doesn’t worth I think in that way. and note that it is 3G 8GB. not even 3G 16GB or 3GS. :confused:

may be they might now have been offering 3GS. but not sure that you will get as much decrease in the price of 3G in current days.

Dude thanks for the update you know what is the best thing of buying mobile from Etisalat that you are going to get no 1 quality and more if a funny thing you don't get iphone from other retailers from here that is officially i.e.

Aptec,Axiom,Emirates Telecom,etc..

by the way thanks a lot..

the rumors are there that Etisalat is going to launch iphone 3gs officially this month so i m waiting for that let's see..hope for the best...