iPhone 2009

Hi guys, today i heard the latest and most exciting rumor that there will be an iPhone 2009 coming this year.

Here is what it is supposed to have:

*32gb internal memory.

*Hsdpa 7.2mbps (iphone 3g had 3.2mbps).

*HD video (YES!!! HD VIDEO)

What's more??? nobody knows... there is not much information available right now. I will update as soon as i get more infos.

Take a look at these websites:

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2008/10/10/tipb-predicts-iphone-hd-in-2009/

http://news.cnet.com/at&t-confirms-tethering-coming-to-iphone-in-2009/

http://www.thestandard.com/predictions/apple-announces-32gb-iphone-3g-end-january-2009

And take a look at this funny video too:

Will it be the best phone of 2009? Only time will tell.

Hopefully it will remove the limitations of previous iPhone iterations.

^^ HD video is impossible to do on a processor like the iphone so its probably just a rumour

^ Technology keeps getting better everyday so it sure is possible.

^ dont think so even pentium 4s have a hard time running HD video and i doubt that the iphone even the new one is even near the performance of a pentium 4

Rumor? Dude are you living in a cage or what? Its confirmed that the new iphone 3.0 will be released with a shi* load of improvements over the previous version like MMS, copy/paste etc

yar i dont understand y people are so interested in this iphone...

it simply sux...

it has nothing but looks

no cool features... except touch screen....

Not only HD video demand good-enough processor to decode and display video without skipping frames but it also needs quite a lot of space too.

Imagine copying an episode or full movie to iPhone to watch on-go. It will take hours due to current limitation in technologies (transferring data and writing speed of storage medium).

Other than having an HD clip of few seconds, don't expect watching episodes or full-length movies; unless if you can let the copying procedure run through out the whole night while you are sleeping :P

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Not only HD video demand good-enough processor to decode and display video without skipping frames but it also needs quite a lot of space too.

Imagine copying an episode or full movie to iPhone to watch on-go. It will take hours due to current limitation in technologies (transferring data and writing speed of storage medium).

Other than having an HD clip of few seconds, don’t expect watching episodes or full-length movies; unless if you can let the copying procedure run through out the whole night while you are sleeping :P

[/quote]

samsung already has a phone which records in HD 720p video

^ good work ammar.

The name of the phone is Samsung Omnia i8910.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ good work ammar.

The name of the phone is Samsung Omnia i8910.

[/quote]

yep. brilliant phone :)

HD encoding/decoding is possible in mobile phones but it will significantly increase cost and possibly size. TI's DaVinci DM6467, DM356 and similar DSP cores can easily provide the functionality.