iPAD price

I don't knw if this is the right forum to ask but does anyone knw the price of 16GB IPAD in Pakistan? Karachi or Islamabad to be precise.

Thnx!

Different online sites are selling the iPad in Pakistan. The average price that i have seen is Rs. 55k. You can checkout Beliscity.com, Shophive.com, or Vmart.pk for updated prices.

A large, high-resolution LED-backlit IPS display. An incredibly responsive Multi-Touch screen. And an amazingly powerful Apple-designed chip. All in a design thats thin and light enough to take anywhere. iPad isnt just the best device of its kind. Its a whole new kind of device.

I have seen the starting prices of Ipad on BeliCity starting from 54,000 the basic edition of iPad

every one has its own choice , personally i dont like ipad as it isbasically running the iphone software and you cant do multi tasking (although you have spend around sixty thousand) means you cant run two tasks mean time ! you cant even run flash on it :)

so near me its just a piece of S*** with touch screen :)

any how .

Multitasking is now available on iPad via a 4.2 update. But yeah the flash part i agree with. At the least the consumers should have an option to use it. I think the real reason why Apple has blocked Flash is that almost all of the free video streams available on the net are in Flash. So allowing flash to run would seriously hurt Apple's revenue that it can make from movie/shows rental/purchase over iTunes. Same goes for flash games which are freely available on thousands on websites. If Flash was allowed to run, nobody would buy games from App Store.

^^ no dear , tht is not a real multi tasking , the application the background just paused and when you switch to that app , it resumes again ! like GPS navigation when you minimize tht application and using winamp etc the GPS is stopped :) so whats the use ? any how and more over the ipad versions available in our country are mostly old version's and they simply cant support multi tasking at all ! any how . many people are still alive to buy those older versions :)

Im a fan of Dell inspiron Duo btw.. Affordable and practical.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^^ no dear , tht is not a real multi tasking , the application the background just paused and when you switch to that app , it resumes again ! like GPS navigation when you minimize tht application and using winamp etc the GPS is stopped :) so whats the use ? any how and more over the ipad versions available in our country are mostly old version’s and they simply cant support multi tasking at all ! any how . many people are still alive to buy those older versions :)
[/quote]

the ipad version available in our country is the same as all over the world cuz Apple has released only one version of ipad till now. did u use the Chinese version ?

any how and more over the ipad versions available in our country are mostly old version’s and they simply cant support multi tasking at all :)
[/quote]

Old version of iPad? How come? To my knowledge only one version of iPad has been launched to date , so the whole world is using the “old” version and it supports multitasking (Yeah it has 256 MB as compared to 512 MB on the iPhone 4 but the new version of iPad will have 512MB RAM too probably). Its not real multitasking per se I agree. But I do have to say that I used an iPhone 4 for a couple of days and I must say that true multitasking is not practical on a device like iPad/iPod/iPhone. Where the only thing you do is “consume” information / media. True multitasking is mostly required for devices which can “create” media or are productivity tools. For example, CD ripping in background, movie conversion in background, etc etc. But thats just my viewpoint. Can you give me one example where you can utilize the so called true multi tasking on a media “consumption” device?

Can you give me one example where you can utilize the so called true multi tasking on a media “consumption” device?
[/quote]

my 5530

:D

Listening to songs while using facebook checking my email on opera and chating on numbuzz

TRU MULTI TASKING AT ITS BEST :D

Get iPad 16gb WiFi from us @ Rs. 51,000/-.

my 5530

:D

Listening to songs while using facebook checking my email on opera and chating on numbuzz

TRU MULTI TASKING AT ITS BEST :D

[/quote]

You can also listen to music on your iPhone/iPad/iPod while using Facebook. No big deal. And unless you have two screens in your phone you can do only two tasks at a time. One listening to music and the other any of the above you mentioned. You cannot do all four of them at the same time.

Someone wrote above about flash on apple is not supported coz apple thinks it would ""eriously hurt Apple's revenue"", which is not true. Apple does not support Flash coz as per Apple, its not a well written code and can make devices run slow by consuming resources more then required.

^^

thats true, when i open youtube or miniclip, my laptop gets hot and fan goes to max speed

Buying the ipad is a bad idea. All the major consumer electronics companies are now getting into the tablet business and competition is starting to heat up. This is not the time to buy. Instead you should wait and see which tablets survive and thrive and which ones fail.

For instance motorola, asus and samsung have all released promising android powered tablets. Just about every company in the business is churning out its own version. The iPad is getting attacked from all sides!

I think Motorola with it's Xoom stole the show. Hardware wise it gone kill Ipad big time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_Xoom

Buying the ipad is a bad idea. All the major consumer electronics companies are now getting into the tablet business and competition is starting to heat up. This is not the time to buy. Instead you should wait and see which tablets survive and thrive and which ones fail.

For instance motorola, asus and samsung have all released promising android powered tablets. Just about every company in the business is churning out its own version. The iPad is getting attacked from all sides!

[/quote]

Tablet business is not new. HP announced Slate long ago then iPAD, utility wise its much more useful then iPAD but never got the hype as iPad did. Now, Samsung announced Galaxy tab. I just had my first hands on experience of it, but its no way near iPAD. So, Apple will retain its value. Just like iPod is a mp3 player in its basic functions, there are many other mp3 players as well but ipod quality, hand feel and style is different from all.

Someone wrote above about flash on apple is not supported coz apple thinks it would ““eriously hurt Apple’s revenue””, which is not true. Apple does not support Flash coz as per Apple, its not a well written code and can make devices run slow by consuming resources more then required.
[/quote]

Thats what Apple said, in their official statement. But i think its a load of crap. :)