IP Location....Urgent Help Required

Dear friends,

I need your help....one of my friend is very worried because of some threatening emails ......we found the IP of that person but how can we find his home address and location? that person is using PTCL triple connection......Can anyone please help me how to find home location by IP ....or any1 have relatives in PTCL so they can help me.

why dont you try contacting ptcl directly, write them a letter with a copy of the email and the ip address.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

why dont you try contacting ptcl directly, write them a letter with a copy of the email and the ip address.
[/quote]

they will not provide us yaar…

Dear friends,

I need your help…one of my friend is very worried because of some threatening emails …we found the IP of that person but how can we find his home address and location? that person is using PTCL triple connection…Can anyone please help me how to find home location by IP …or any1 have relatives in PTCL so they can help me.

[/quote]

You can not on your own. At best you will only be able to tell the person’s home country or ISP by looking at an IP address. PTCL might have a way to find out who the IP belongs to. Keep in mind that home consumers of PTCL are on dynamic IP and the IP changes periodically, so the IP address used to send threatening emails might belong to someone else by now. Still there might be a way to track down the culprit through his IP address. You need to get in touch with police and have them contact PTCL, as PTCL will not carry out this investigation on your request.

you can find ip address here by use this link http://www.ip-details.com/ easily...

you can find ip address here by use this link http://www.ip-details.com/ easily…
[/quote]

this provides the location of IP origin, mainly ur ISP not ur location.!

You can't locate user destination with IP address it can only show you Internet Service provider location

If person is sending you threatening emails just block his email ID and should he / she try to contact you on your cellphone then contact CPLC or your cellphone carrier they will catch him / her in no time.

No need loosing sleep over the email and don't reply to the emails as the more you reply the more the person will be in a commanding position to push your buttons.

what will you do with the address ? beat the guy who mails your friend ?

IP location services will tell you the country, so your best bet is to contact the police in that country. I don't know how useful this will be in Pakistan, but doesn't hurt to try, especially if the threats are threatening enough.