IP address?

I want to get information about the IP address of computer....What does they do????

and if someone appears in any site like ORKUT or FACEBOOK with two ID's,IS IT POSSIBLE FOR US TO KNOW THAT BOTH OF THE ID's ARE OF THE SAME USER BY IP ADDRESSES??????

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I want to get information about the IP address of computer…What does they do???

and if someone appears in any site like ORKUT or FACEBOOK with two ID’s,IS IT POSSIBLE FOR US TO KNOW THAT BOTH OF THE ID’s ARE OF THE SAME USER BY IP ADDRESSES???

[/quote]

Use this Site if u want to know what is ur real ip address on Internet

http://www.ipchicken.com/

it is impossible to know by any Person (until they have admin/moderator Authority) , on orkut/Facebook that these all Id’s are using by same Person. (by knowing the IP Address)

u can knw the ip of person u r having an instant msging or voice/video chat

by " netstat -n " in cmd

Yes Facebook or any other website that you access, they KNOW you ip. Im not talking about Facebook users .. Im talking about the Facebook administration and people who run the website. If you log in in any website with 2 id's then the website administration do know that you are using 2 id's with the same ip address.

and if someone appears in any site like ORKUT or FACEBOOK with two ID’s,IS IT POSSIBLE FOR US TO KNOW THAT BOTH OF THE ID’s ARE OF THE SAME USER BY IP ADDRESSES???

[/quote]

and how do u plan to get both ID’s ip addresses? unless facebook/orkut or any other site does not display its user ips then you can’t view their ip adresses

and how do u plan to get both ID’s ip addresses? unless facebook/orkut or any other site does not display its user ips then you can’t view their ip adresses

[/quote]

I think he’s talking about his own IP address not someone esles

for example if you register two different user id on this forum and the pretend to be two different users then Mods can easily bust you..

for example if you register two different user id on this forum and the pretend to be two different users then Mods can easily bust you…
[/quote]

Unless you play smart and restart your modem each time before logging out of one account, because then your IP changes…

Unless you play smart and restart your modem each time before logging out of one account, because then your IP changes…

[/quote]

if one acts too pesky then he could be easily detectable and mods can use wildcards and knock off the whole subnet

use a proxy instead of restarting modem!

[/quote]

Its basically a “name-tag” to identify your computer/network and its location in the world, so the required data can be sent and received.

The admin’s of Orkut and Facebook can and does know if two id’s are logged in from same IP, but you as a user can’t. Every webmaster/admin of the site you visit can know, among other stuff, your IP, your OS, your Browser version, your screen resolution, your country (by resolving IP) and the time you viewed their particular page.

ok..thanks for sharing your information..

but my main concern is that CAN IP ADDRESS HELP OUT IN DETECTING A PERSON USING TWO DIFFERENT ID's ON ANY WEBSITE(orkut,facebook or wiredpakistan forum)....?????

this is the main concern....\

how can we figure out that the person using two diffrent ID's is the same???????

there must be some trick to know that...

I want to ask this because of the fact that many people make fake ID's to use obscene language on ORKUT and FACEBOOK type websites,so the must be figured out...!!!!

So if anybody knows how to get this,plz let me know too..

ok…thanks for sharing your information…

but my main concern is that CAN IP ADDRESS HELP OUT IN DETECTING A PERSON USING TWO DIFFERENT ID’s ON ANY WEBSITE(orkut,facebook or wiredpakistan forum)…???

this is the main concern…</p>

how can we figure out that the person using two diffrent ID’s is the same???

there must be some trick to know that…

I want to ask this because of the fact that many people make fake ID’s to use obscene language on ORKUT and FACEBOOK type websites,so the must be figured out…!!!

So if anybody knows how to get this,plz let me know too…

[/quote]

No unless you find some hacker to do this for you i dont think its possible. its only possible for people who run the website (The Admin team) to view which ip addresses have accessed their websites and i dont think normal users can view that information

ok…thanks for sharing your information…

but my main concern is that CAN IP ADDRESS HELP OUT IN DETECTING A PERSON USING TWO DIFFERENT ID’s ON ANY WEBSITE(orkut,facebook or wiredpakistan forum)…???

this is the main concern…</p>

how can we figure out that the person using two diffrent ID’s is the same???

there must be some trick to know that…

I want to ask this because of the fact that many people make fake ID’s to use obscene language on ORKUT and FACEBOOK type websites,so the must be figured out…!!!

So if anybody knows how to get this,plz let me know too…

[/quote]

Report the Person to the Administrator of the web . or Invite Him on msn to chat with u ;) . then OPEN CMD > type “netstat” and now u can see the person’s IP Address in the Command Console ;):D

Report the Person to the Administrator of the web . or Invite Him on msn to chat with u ;) . then OPEN CMD > type “netstat” and now u can see the person’s IP Address in the Command Console ;):D

[/quote]

No i think you have to be actually sending him a file THEN it will show his ip address. Not sure though.

No i think you have to be actually sending him a file THEN it will show his ip address. Not sure though.
[/quote]

if he did not accept the file … then wat to do ? :rolleyes: Only “Chating” can Help to Knowing the IP of Person . but its Recommended that User “send something” to another person… so the Link between of “U” and “Person” is beCome more stronger :)

if he did not accept the file … then wat to do ? :rolleyes: Only “Chating” can Help to Knowing the IP of Person . but its Recommended that User “send something” to another person… so the Link between of “U” and “Person” is beCome more stronger :)

[/quote]

Oh okey. Actually ive heard it only shows ip if theres a file transfer going on between the 2 but i never tried it.

i dont know much about this, but when yr chatting on msn, its like.. Sender-->Msn Server-->Reciever and vice versa. but when u share a file, yr directly connected to the reciever, so at that moment u can check his/her/it ip.

It is quite possible for two user's computers to have the same IP address. Often if the user's are using a proxy or their ISP uses Network Address Translation, they could be sharing the same IP.

i dont know much about this, but when yr chatting on msn, its like… Sender–>Msn Server–>Reciever and vice versa. but when u share a file, yr directly connected to the reciever, so at that moment u can check his/her/it ip.
[/quote]

if u use the linux version of pidgin u can find out the ip of the person ur chatin with without sendin them a file