iOS 5.0 Vs Android 3.0

So after watching some vids which do you think have improved and do you think that Apple have finally broken Androids back

3.0 is tablets.

iOS 5 is - from what I've read - cell phones only. Its like comparing apples and oranges. To compare iOS 5, we need to see what Android Gingerbread is like.

Which hasn't come out yet.

[quote=“shaheerk, post:2, topic:15087”]

3.0 is tablets.

iOS 5 is - from what I’ve read - cell phones only. Its like comparing apples and oranges. To compare iOS 5, we need to see what Android Gingerbread is like.

Which hasn’t come out yet.

[/quote]

you mean Ice Cream Sandwich? Gingerbread is past!

um 3.0 is for tablets and phones <_<

and iOS5 is also for tablets and phones as well <_<

Just watch the vids

[quote=", post:3, topic:15087"]

[/quote]

Android 3.0 is known as Honeycomb.

[quote=“deffury, post:, topic:”]

So after watching some vids which do you think have improved and do you think that Apple have finally broken Androids back

[/quote]

The biggest advantage Android has over IPhone is variety of devices, thus you can have have a $100 handset to $700++ range.

As I have said earlier, it is a matter if personal choice. You can’t compare them. Every OS has features and shortcomings

[quote=", post:5, topic:15087"]

Android 3.0 is known as Honeycomb.

[/quote]

???

The upcoming version is not Honeycomb or Gingerbread, its Ice Cream Sandwich which will support both tablets and phones :angry:

^MZC seriously shut it.. its honeycomb

Check versions and its names here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)

[quote=“deffury, post:8, topic:15087”]

^MZC seriously shut it… its honeycomb

Check versions and its names here

http://en.wikipedia…perating_system)

[/quote]

WTH? Did you took your breakfast this morning? even HC 3.2 is out, how can it be upcoming then? and it supports tablets. ICS is the upcoming version, which will support smartphones and tablets both. :angry:

[quote=", post:9, topic:15087"]

WTH? Did you took your breakfast this morning? even HC 3.2 is out, how can it be upcoming then? and it supports tablets. ICS is the upcoming version, which will support smartphones and tablets both. :angry:

[/quote]

As per thread title, we are discussing Android 3 which is Honeycomb. That is what I said and Deffury seconded.

While you are talking about ICS which is Android 4.0 and still has to be released.

[quote=", post:10, topic:15087"]

As per thread title, we are discussing Android 3 which is Honeycomb. That is what I said and Deffury seconded.

While you are talking about ICS which is Android 4.0 and still has to be released.

[/quote]

As Ijaz pointed out that the thread is about the upcoming battle... Android 3.0 will run till next year, and iOS 5.0 will be out in a couple of months.. hence discuss about the things that we know and are sure of..

[quote=", post:3, topic:15087"]

[/quote]

Yeah, you’re right. I meant Ice Cream Sandwich… I didn’t have dinner when I wrote that the other day :P

My bad. Sorry.

What i really don't understand is that why Google is not deciding upon a set UI which they need to move forward with. First it was 2.2/2.3, then 3.0 which was completely different and now 4.0 which is again said to be completely different UI wise.

I think people like iOS because it has a consistent and easy to use UI from version to version.

Where did 4 come from? No one knows what the number for Ice Cream Sandwich will be.

And 3.x is SPECIFICALLY for tablets, not phones. The interface for Ice Cream, as rumor has it, will be a combination of both the phone and tablet worlds. What they release in Ice Cream Sandwich is anybody's guess.

As far as consistency is concerned - yes, it helps. But at times, people prefer variety and customizability - something Apple doesn't really offer natively (you need to jailbreak - which has its own hurdles). Android allows you to change many things w/o rooting, and if you root, you can do whatever you want (like run Ubuntu or Windows 95 on it :P yeah, people have run W95!!)

[quote=“shaheerk, post:15, topic:15087”]

Where did 4 come from? No one knows what the number for Ice Cream Sandwich will be.

And 3.x is SPECIFICALLY for tablets, not phones. The interface for Ice Cream, as rumor has it, will be a combination of both the phone and tablet worlds. What they release in Ice Cream Sandwich is anybody’s guess.

[/quote]

Yeah. Thats what I am saying. There is a major difference between the UI of phone and the tablet. Instead there should be a consistency or at least certain “defined” UI elements which should be same across all platforms. Look how Microsoft has learned this lesson and they are integrating their Metro style in all their different versions of OSes. Be it Windows 8, WP7, Bing or Windows Live Software.

And about the Ice Cream Sandwich being called 4.0, then its purely based on news published in different tech magazines. Its not like a commandment is written somewhere that ICS cannot be called 4.0! Lol.

i prefer Android from the base of Honeycomb ( 3.0) and Gingerbread (2.3). All the androids below these are useless.