Investment

I have around 2-3 lakh rs available for investment. Im not quite sure where i can invest this money and get an adequate return. Im looking to invest it for the long term (over 5 years) and im only interested in making a capital return on the investment at maturity (No yearly return i.e interest). I plan to make more investments after 2 years from today and want to have enough money to buy a plot of land.

Any advice?

Defence Savings 10 years.

Special Saving 3 years.

For more details:

http://www.savings.gov.pk/index.asp

It depends on your time horizon and amount of risk you want to take. Nobody can really answer this

inflation is 31%.

[quote=", post:4, topic:16333"]

inflation is 31%.

[/quote]

See!

[quote=“alamode, post:, topic:”]

I have around 2-3 lakh rs available for investment. Im not quite sure where i can invest this money and get an adequate return. Im looking to invest it for the long term (over 5 years) and im only interested in making a capital return on the investment at maturity (No yearly return i.e interest). I plan to make more investments after 2 years from today and want to have enough money to buy a plot of land.

Any advice?

[/quote]

-Throw your money in bank. Get a non current (fixed)/saving account which gives ‘‘interest’’ after certain period of time say 5years/10 years.

-Buy shares of famous companies.

-Invest in stock exchange.

-Start some small scale business. Become a supplier/dealer.

[quote=“alamode, post:, topic:”]

Any advice?

[/quote]

are you all time free? + mention your age!

Get a used Mehran and convert it to taxi (register it as public transport) and drive it in your free time and earn good return.

[quote=“wampyr, post:8, topic:16333”]

Get a used Mehran and convert it to taxi (register it as public transport) and drive it in your free time and earn good return.

[/quote]

exactly fill up jobs which is dominated by anghoota chaaps. my only wish was when i take my country’s taxi then i would be able to communicate with the taxi driver in my mummy daddy elite ingraizi. and my dream is coming true thanks to people like wampyre and khadim-e-aala

SHAHBAZ SHRIF ZINDABAD

Yellowcab-Taxi-Scheme-Distribution-in-Multan-DG-Khan-and-Rawalpindi.jpg

http://www.columnpk.com/toheen-by-javed-chaudhry/

a nice piece to read :)

Buy a used mini truck (half lorry) convert it to mobile canteen and install all necessary cooking equipments in it then hire a worker helper+chef who can make spicy tasty foods (samosas pakoras etc), more you can carry Ice cream juice machines if you install electric generator on top and for some entertainment attentions you can install stereo system in it as well THAN ? go park mobile canteen near public events schools or near sea sides AND sell Fresh food & make good money

don't feel any shame by doing this its business and its very famous in North America and there people makes lots of money with this

i can give you more exciting idea if you want?

lolz. I don't have time for starting a business..

How about investing in gold ? i know good prices have dropped recently, they will only get higher now?

or maybe buying pounds our dollars?

prphet would be very minimal in buying gold and keeping foregine currency and there will be risk of down rates too

you said you not have time for any kind of business so then just put your money in bank under savings accounts and get yearly returns

[quote=“armada, post:13, topic:16333”]

prphet would be very minimal in buying gold and keeping foregine currency and there will be risk of down rates too

you said you not have time for any kind of business so then just put your money in bank under savings accounts and get yearly returns

[/quote]

this is not how investment is done, bank is no place for investments and foriegn exchange the way you saying is like tukka profit, come on armada

Well, One thing is for certain. If i hold cash in pakistani rupees, Its value is always going to go down even if i do get interest on it. Pretty sure dollar is going to reach 100 this year or early next year.. So i cannot keep my money in PKR. Gold rates have fallen recently and i dont think they will fall further.. And even if they do fall, In the long term they are bound to increase, no?

Tbh, I think buy gold is probably my best bet. I could invest in Defence Saving Certificates for 10 years and 100,000 would become 308,000 after 10 years but then again, There is interest involved which is haram plus 10 years is a long time and with the way inflation is going even if i triple my investment in 10 years, It might still just be a marginal return taking into account inflation..

Are there any gold futures contracts which i can buy in pakistan? From my understanding you just buy these contracts instead of buying actual gold and the value of these contracts are dependent on the value of gold.. So if gold goes up, Value of these contracts goes up..

In my personal opinion, GOLD is now PAST its peak. It has to go nowhere but downwards. At the moment, $$ is the safest bet to invest in but again, for $$, you must have at least $5000-$10000 to have a somewhat good return. Considering the options, I would also consider investing in real estate(you might need some more money to get at least a plot).

[quote=“dogarsahab, post:16, topic:16333”]

I would also consider investing in real estate(you might need some more money to get at least a plot).
[/quote]

100% from pakistani perspective only best and safest investment, dogarji best advise two thumbs up, if investment to be done in pakistan. only investment which provides highest return and safest also for pakistan.

Who knows what value dollar or pound would have after 2 years. Doing such paper money business is total risk. These days gold is going up and up in rates and looking at current economic situations, I shall prefer and recommend gold over paper money. But again investment in gold is at your risk. If gold prices fall, the result will be total loss. ''Luck''

Banks, even though they ''F*ck'' and if a person does not take ''halal o harram'' under consideration (talking being a Muslim), then investment in bank is the safest as they always run in profit unless a ''monster'' company gets bankrupt and take down the bank with it. Well, usually this does not happen unless some ''hidden hands'' are not involved. (like what happened in America) Look out for the bank which gives highest interest rate.

Investment in property is also profitable but again risks are involved. But since, nation is hasty so, there are very few chances that you will suffer from loss.

I can't really advise you on this but whatever you do, DO NOT throw your money in the bank ....ever.

http://www.google.co.za/publicdata/explore?ds=d5bncppjof8f9_&met_y=ny_gdp_mktp_cd&idim=country:ZAF&dl=en&hl=en&q=gdp+graph+of+south+africa#ctype=l&strail=false&bcs=d&nselm=h&met_y=ny_gdp_pcap_cd&scale_y=lin&ind_y=false&rdim=country&idim=country:PAK&ifdim=country&tdim=true&tstart=-314679600000&tend=1263243600000&hl=en&dl=en