Invest in FD or Invest in National Saving Certificates?

I have small savings of Rs. 150,000. I want to invest my savings somewhere and I found two options for me:

1. Fixed Deposits in Soneri Bank (FDs)

2. Buy National Saving Certificates (Qaumi Bachat Scheme)

I think It is best to buy National Saving Certificates at this point. Am I right ?. or Do you have suggestion(s) for me ?

One word: Gold. Damn thing never depreciates in value and government cannot get it as easily from you as freezing bank accounts.

^ But robbers can easily get gold than bank account :)

But Gold is very expensive now-a-days once the value of GOLD Decreases i will definitely buy it.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
One word: Gold. Damn thing never depreciates in value and government cannot get it as easily from you as freezing bank accounts.
[/quote]

^ But robbers can easily get gold than bank account :)
[/quote]

Get a locker!

But Gold is very expensive now-a-days once the value of GOLD Decreases i will definitely buy it.
[/quote]

LOL! I already said that price of Gold doesn’t usually falls and it isn’t going to fall anytime soon.

In Moharram, price of GOLD falls.

LOL! I already said that price of Gold doesn't usually falls and it isn't going to fall anytime soon.

[/quote]

why in moharram price will fall ?

^ Because or may be goldman don't wanna pay the heavy zakkaaat tax :/

@nadeem

due to redusec demand in MUHARRAM

@Imthekiller

try buying prize bonds of 15,000/- denomination

[/quote]

I never understand the reason which makes people think government is going to “Freeze” the accounts and eat up all your money. Have some faith in your country…

Get a locker!

[/quote]

Maximum insurance is of 1.5 million(Large lockers). Dusra buying solid gold is large quantity would automatically make the person vulnerable to kidnappers and dacoits.

I never understand the reason which makes people think government is going to “Freeze” the accounts and eat up all your money. Have some faith in your country…

[/quote]

Trust is difficult to gain again once lost. Nawaz froze FC accounts when the country was about to default in his tenure. This government is even more corrupt than that one so no; I would jump off a cliff before putting my full trust in this government.

Maximum insurance is of 1.5 million(Large lockers). Dusra buying solid gold is large quantity would automatically make the person vulnerable to kidnappers and dacoits.

[/quote]

Get more than one locker and spread them across banks. Rest, Zakat shouldn’t be a thing any Muslim should shy away from. Shying away from zakat would make you lose your gold one way or another anyway.

And One thing more....! Try Ur best to avoid the Interst Earnings as derived from Fixed Deposits or National Certificates! A Humble Suggestion to U.........!

That is what i really wanted to do?

And One thing more....! Try Ur best to avoid the Interst Earnings as derived from Fixed Deposits or National Certificates! A Humble Suggestion to U.........!
[/quote]

That is what i really wanted to do?
[/quote]

Then put your money in either Gold or Current Account (a.k.a. Checking Account). Current/Checking Account has no interest paid, in fact, bank deduct service charges.

Everything else in banking, whether “a team of Ulma” call is “clean” or “Halal”, it is still interest and you know the rest…

Before you go on me, I have put all my money in Current Account (not just now, since I got my first account many years ago).

But it is better to invest somewhere than just put money in to bank account.

Then put your money in either Gold or Current Account (a.k.a. Checking Account). Current/Checking Account has no interest paid, in fact, bank deduct service charges.

Everything else in banking, whether "a team of Ulma" call is "clean" or "Halal", it is still interest and you know the rest...

Before you go on me, I have put all my money in Current Account (not just now, since I got my first account many years ago).

[/quote]

Try the prize bonds. I never did but thinking of investing my little pocket money in prize bonds too, but waiting for other members to give some more suggestions.

can our banks offer any solution to safeguard us, the clients against ridiculously higher inflation rates ranging from 20-25%