Inverter Circuit to overcome Electric Crises

I have read the electric crises thread here. This is a technical forum so i thought i should share an inverter circuit with the forum members. If any of you has basic knowledge of electronics, he/she can easily develop an inverter using the circuit i am sharing. I have noticed that this inverter circuit gives at least 30 to 50 percent more backup time than the premade inverters available in our Pakistani market and it is much more cheap as well.

I am right now using a 12V 85A Lead Acid AGS battery and it gives me almost 4 Hours of backup. My normal load is 4x25Watt energy savers (Prime) and one 52" ceeling fan(GFC).

Here is the circuit.

Inverter Circuit Diagram

Since i have already built it, you can ask me if you have any questions. I will be more than happy to answer and to help my fellow Pakistanies stuck in this energy crises :)

I want to add that it will take 3000 to 4000 Rupees to build this circuit depending upon the parts prices in your nearby market.

He talking of Ceiling fans,

any idea how much power does a regular GFC ceiling fan need?

my single battery UPS can run 3x20Watt Energy Savers AND a 250Watt PC AND a 40Watt Display , all at once for around 60-75 mins,

i wanted to calculate if i hook up a ceiling fan, and only run it when the UPS is free, how much juice will it need?

Old news. Plenty of such circuits available online. Making one is easy enough.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

He talking of Ceiling fans,

any idea how much power does a regular GFC ceiling fan need?

my single battery UPS can run 3x20Watt Energy Savers AND a 250Watt PC AND a 40Watt Display , all at once for around 60-75 mins,

i wanted to calculate if i hook up a ceiling fan, and only run it when the UPS is free, how much juice will it need?

[/quote]

My GFC Fan actually took around 100 Watts. and the my ups is also single battery. BTW CPU dont take 250 watts. It barely takes 60 to 100 watts. the load you mentioned is around 200 Watts. The load I mentioned is also 200 Watts. Not much difference.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

My GFC Fan actually took around 100 Watts. and the my ups is also single battery. BTW CPU dont take 250 watts. It barely takes 60 to 100 watts. the load you mentioned is around 200 Watts. The load I mentioned is also 200 Watts. Not much difference.

[/quote]

I mentioned 250 watts for the PC caz,

e6750 == 65Watts

2x HDDs == 20 Watts + 20 Watts

4x memory modules == 5 Watts + 5 Watts + 5 Watts + 5 Watts

9600GT == 95Watts

DVD-Drive= 5/10 Watts?

three cooling fans == 10 Watts i beileve.

65+40+20+95+20= around 230 or so … add in the Casing Lighting, and mice and around 6-8 USB devices and you are way past 250Watts.