Inverter Air Conditioners useless in Load shedding?

Okay I'll get right to it.

Inverter split air conditioners:

1. More expensive.
  2. Start at higher RPMs, cools faster and achieve desired temperature faster than non-inverter types.
  3. Reach temperature and slows down compressor and maintain temperature.
  4. As a result more energy efficient.

My Questions

Lets assume load shedding after every hour. Will the inverter air conditioner be able to perform the way its supposed to in 1 hour and hence consume less power, maintain temperature and result in lesser power bills or would I be wasting my money and be better of buying less expensive non-inverter types.

What I want to know is whether Inverter air conditioners be a good investment in the long run? Or will they fail to perform the way they are supposed to due to load shedding and not save some money on bills?

Which brand to buy?

Which brands offer performance and power efficiency? Kindly recommend some good brands for split air conditioners (both inverter and non-inverter types).

1 - No it wont.. it isnt meanto run with loadsheddings..unless you have a generator or solar power.. inverter are not suitable

2 - Acson at top

Sharp, panasonic second

orient, haier, etc, unrated

Standard ac, Mitsubishi,

then gree, Samsung, LG..

Thanks for the reply.

Mitsubishi, Lg Samsung are big companies they are very low on your list. I thought Mitsubishi was one of the best? What exactly do you mean by "Standard ac". I'm looking for air conditioning at home (1 kanal house). I haven't really seen Acson air conditioners. Do they have dealers in Lahore?

[quote=“ahmad.amjad, post:, topic:”]

Inverter split air conditioners:

1. More expensive.
  2. Start at higher RPMs, cools faster and achieve desired temperature faster than non-inverter types.

My Questions

Lets assume load shedding after every hour. Will the inverter air conditioner be able to perform the way its supposed to in 1 hour and hence consume less power, maintain temperature and result in lesser power bills or would I be wasting my money and be better of buying less expensive non-inverter types.

[/quote]

One hour loadshedding is sufficient to raise the room temperature enough. Since inverter AC will run at higher RPM initially thus consuming more power, it will almost always run at high RPM whenever power is available, increasing your electricity bill - even higher bills are expected than a standard AC.

Like a No-Frost fridge, inverter AC needs continuous power. Another drawback is that many inverters refuse to work at all if the DC Bus voltage is not sufficient, meaning if you have low AC voltage, the standard split may work and inverter AC may refuse to turn on.

[quote=“ahmad.amjad, post:3, topic:21238”]

I haven't really seen Acson air conditioners. Do they have dealers in Lahore?

[/quote]

Most 2 tons ac installed in Public places are Acson's

[quote=“ahmad.amjad, post:3, topic:21238”]

Thanks for the reply.

Mitsubishi, Lg Samsung are big companies they are very low on your list. I thought Mitsubishi was one of the best? What exactly do you mean by "Standard ac". I'm looking for air conditioning at home (1 kanal house). I haven't really seen Acson air conditioners. Do they have dealers in Lahore?

[/quote]

they arent low.. they are in seperate list.. of NON inverter..normal split AC... 2 seperate lists..

Acson have official distribution at few places, and retail at all shops in lahore

for official distributor and fitting by company directly..

cONTACT

0300-8445160

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:6, topic:21238”]

they arent low.. they are in seperate list.. of NON inverter..normal split AC... 2 seperate lists..

Acson have official distribution at few places, and retail at all shops in lahore

for official distributor and fitting by company directly..

cONTACT

0300-8445160

[/quote]

Okay based on your's and Ijaz's recommendation I've decided to go for non-inverter split, I guess Mitsubishi would be the best choice. I have a few more questions.

1. Which model of Mitsubishi would you recommend?
  2. Based on room size I think I need 1.5 ton split, but just to be sure what parameters does one need to keep in mind when deciding capacity of AC?
  3. Can you give a rough idea about buying and installation charges?
  4. Acson is not in your Non-Inverter list?

1 - if you can find the original heay duty, then that model of mitsu.

2 - if ground floor, then its fine,, if on top floor, consider a 2 ton Ac

3 - Each company is different.. consider between 5-7 k depending on length of pipe used.

4 - Acson is great in Non inverters too.. its the best among inverters.. but snce they are rare, there is more market hype about old brands than new.. for info on Acson , Direct from company AC supply and installation contact the number mentioned.

Acson is s**t ac.

you need to undrstand what makes a better inverter ac.

I have bought 16 inverter acs from 4 different brands this year alone and becuase they use nearly the same tech i dont see any big difference.

there are inverter ACs with R22 refrigerant (gas) out there which is not a proper inverter ac. I mean it saves energy and everything but if you want benefit of a real inverter ac then buy one with a DC inverter and a R410/R410a refrigerant (gas).

inverter ac with r410 gas is a game changer. i have tested toshiba, MDA, panasonic, carrier, and gree 1.5 inverter ac with r410 gas and i dont see any difference in electricity consumption or cooling performance. however only time will tell which ac has more life than the others.

MDA (Midea) is a chinese company which makes ACs for toshiba and carrier which are huge ac brands world wide. but mda is a much cheaper company. its just like how samsung makes parts for iphone and ended up making a better phone IMO.

[quote=“ahmad.amjad, post:7, topic:21238”]

Okay based on your's and Ijaz's recommendation I've decided to go for non-inverter split, I guess Mitsubishi would be the best choice. I have a few more questions.

1. Which model of Mitsubishi would you recommend?
  2. Based on room size I think I need 1.5 ton split, but just to be sure what parameters does one need to keep in mind when deciding capacity of AC?
  3. Can you give a rough idea about buying and installation charges?
  4. Acson is not in your Non-Inverter list?

[/quote]

I'm using Mitsubishi heavy duty, for a single peron 1.5 ton is a overkill. I remember, setting it on 30C with economy on and with Blanket on, it was still too cold. Temperature shown on my side clock used to be like 21C!!!

Remember to get a swinging grill, i.e left right movement

[quote=“musafir, post:9, topic:21238”]

its just like how samsung makes parts for iphone and ended up making a better phone IMO.

[/quote]

Now this deserves a like

R-410A is a CFC, banned ??

[quote=“yousaf465, post:12, topic:21238”]

R-410A is a CFC, banned ??

[/quote]

r410a is an hfc. . if it's cfc and banned then how come its in all new inverter ac models? only old inverters has r22 in them.

even if its cfc i dont care, i am in multan and i cant stand the heat. ;p

EDIT

Refrigerant R410A (HFC) - Toshiba Air Conditioners

http://www.ahi-toshiba.com/quality/?ELEMENT_ID=356

[quote=“musafir, post:13, topic:21238”]

r410a is an hfc. . if it's cfc and banned then how come its in all new inverter ac models? only old inverters has r22 in them.

even if its cfc i dont care, i am in multan and i cant stand the heat. ;p

EDIT

Refrigerant R410A (HFC) - Toshiba Air Conditioners

http://www.ahi-toshiba.com/quality/?ELEMENT_ID=356

[/quote]

Yes, you are right, but still

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
"it has a high global warming potential (2088 times the effect of carbon dioxide), similar to that of R-22

[/quote]

but it doesn't affect Ozone levels. So it lesser of the two evils.

anyway, who cares.

Just like people, who Installed a generators on Sui Gas a few years back, now they don't have enough gas in June for cooking!! let alone running a generator.

[quote=“yousaf465, post:14, topic:21238”]

but it doesn't affect Ozone levels. So it lesser of the two evils.

[/quote]

what green earth refrigerant would you recommend? I haven't heard of such environmental friendly gas in proper use yet.

=]

[quote=“musafir, post:15, topic:21238”]

what green earth refrigerant would you recommend? I haven't heard of such environmental friendly gas in proper use yet.

=]

[/quote]

That is why I said

"So it (R410a) lesser of the two evils"

Personally I don't use AC regularly, Instead I sleep under a fan, which is partly powered by Solar.

Anyone intersted in Inverter Ac should also read this

Air conditioner inverter

[quote=“yousaf465, post:17, topic:21238”]

Anyone intersted in Inverter Ac should also read this

Air conditioner inverter

[/quote]

good read.

however one is for sure. inverter ACs do save electricity. In our research it has consumed atleast 50% less electricty compared to conventional ACs. And in some cases it has saved us as much as 85% electricity.

We run these ACs in different rooms for different purposes and they are running cotinuously 24/7 since their installation with kwh and amp meter installed and recording everything.

^ cz they are running 24/7, and this is when they will save between 50%-75% electricity .. the savings will depend on room temp, external temp, quality of mechanics, humidity, brand and technology used, and run time.. along with multiple other factors..

but there is minimum 50% for sure if it keeps running for prolonged hours at proper voltage... thats why best used with solar or generator.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:19, topic:21238”]

^ cz they are running 24/7, and this is when they will save between 50%-75% electricity .. the savings will depend on room temp, external temp, quality of mechanics, humidity, brand and technology used, and run time.. along with multiple other factors..

but there is minimum 50% for sure if it keeps running for prolonged hours at proper voltage... thats why best used with solar or generator.

[/quote]

INBOX you pls reply