Internet's most prolific pirate: aXXo is everywhere, and nowhere

To Hollywood executives, he's public enemy number one. To film fans around the world, he's a modern-day Robin Hood. As the internet's most prolific pirate makes his 1,000th illegal film download available to the masses, Tim Walker investigates the mysterious figure known only as aXXo

At 8.40am on Monday 15 December, a new post appeared on an internet forum called the Darkside Release Group. "Darkside_RG" is a clearing house for internet pirates, a site dedicated to the online redistribution of movies, music and videogames. Its members happily spend their days sharing and discussing their ill-begotten booty on the site's many message boards.

The post in question contained a BitTorrent file – the most widespread and efficient filesharing method on the web – containing an illicit copy of a second-rate Kiefer Sutherland horror film called Mirrors. Though the mainstream media ignored it, this was a landmark moment for millions of filesharers worldwide: the 1,000th movie uploaded by aXXo, the internet's most popular and enduring pirate. If you already know his name, chances are you've been doing something illegal.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/technology-gadgets/internets-most-prolific-pirate-axxo-is-everywhere-and-nowhere-14180849.html

his DVDrips quality roxx. I wonder why make a DVD of 4.7GB if the same movie can be done on a 700MB CD ?

actually FXM and FXG and several others have the same type of quality, i mean its a DVD rip after all not R5-R3 or SCR print. Our very own member DJNOMI rips from BluRay discs and his quality is more or less the same as axxo but size of DJNOMI's rips is around 300-400MB so its a great difference in terms of size. (you guys should really check his rips)

But i think axxo is very popular coz of the word of mouth (or in this case word of internet). A Canadian filmmaker is making a documentary on aXXo ("Searching for aXXo"), it would be good to see axxo rips that one :).

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/scene-stealer-the-axxo-files-1214699.html

DJNOMI is our desi aXXo

^from where can we get djnomis rips? :)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^from where can we get djnomis rips? :)
[/quote]

www.funkytype.com ;)

^shukran

quality of aXXo releases is even worse than scene, it is more suitable for people who use dial-up or have bandwidth cap or have very small screen (quality/size ratio is very good). There are many private sites that even disallow aXXo releases because of inferior quality compared to scene.

He is the best out there.

I have downloaded over 300 aXXo uploads.

They all were super high quality and aXXo rules!

he rulez!!

www.funkytype.com ;)

[/quote]

it says DVDRip, how its BlueRay Rip?

Axxo is overrated.. He's even banned from every decent private tracker

aXXo is only for noobs who have no idea about the scene!

+1 @40 mbps & MoHaa

Xactly. to me the the teams from scene who find good prints like r5 and DVDSCR are way more better than axxo. anyone can be a simple ripper.

it says DVDRip, how its BlueRay Rip?

[/quote]

There are some BlueRay rips too. Ask DJNOMI he will be able to tell better.

Well, I only want to say "GOD bless the internet and secondly, the Torrent technology".

Brian Cohan the inventor of Torrent technology, made possible huge bandwidth pipe holders make most out of their bandwidths.

Yeah aXXo could be enemy number 1 for some but he/she definitely not the "robin hood" of this modern age. Well, yes he/she was but now.

I prefer FxG, FxM and even KLAXXON over aXXo when it comes quality because there comes a time when you want something better..... aXXo is not the answer anymore.... he/she has a hype for quantity NOT for Quality. Thats why you don't find aXXo's rips on private trackers.

if you want to see quality in ~1GB file size, search for "newartriot".... to bad he/she doesn't have quantity.

aXXo is only for noobs who have no idea about the scene!
[/quote]

Ditto

his DVDrips quality roxx. I wonder why make a DVD of 4.7GB if the same movie can be done on a 700MB CD ?
[/quote]

Obviously you don’t know what ur talking about…