Internet Speed Gadget

Assalama Liekum,

I hope everyone is fine. I recently upgraded to Micronet's DSL Nitro package in which i will be getting 1Mbps all day and 2Mbps from 8PM to 8AM and completely 2Mbps on Sundays.

Now the problem is sometimes i get 2Mbps before 8PM but i don't get to know it if i am not downloading anything. I know that there are gadgets available for Windows to measure internet speed. Please suggest me a good network monitoring gadget in which i can see link speed i.e; 1Mbps or 2Mbps as i am not interested to know the active downloading speeds as they are only possible when i am downloading something. Thanks!

If you are only interested to see the link speed, then it is only possible by opening the modem page. That is because only the ISP and modem know which downlink speed you are connected at.

Speed measuring gadget etc all perform actual downloading to calculate what the speed is, so imagine if a gadget continuously or at short intervals keeps downloading something with full bandwidth utilization just to show you your speed, well it will be a real slowdown for your browsing.

You can set you homepage to your modem status page. That will give you a quick info on you speed most of the time.

[quote=“SupMA5TER, post:2, topic:21144”]

If you are only interested to see the link speed, then it is only possible by opening the modem page. That is because only the ISP and modem know which downlink speed you are connected at.

Speed measuring gadget etc all perform actual downloading to calculate what the speed is, so imagine if a gadget continuously or at short intervals keeps downloading something with full bandwidth utilization just to show you your speed, well it will be a real slowdown for your browsing.

You can set you homepage to your modem status page. That will give you a quick info on you speed most of the time.

[/quote]

Yes, its an alternative but i still would need to go to that page and fill username and password each time. There must be some gadget. Looking for some new replies. Thanks for your help. :)

Hello!

What you can try is 'Routerstats' ... if your router is supported then you have to enter basic configuration and set the interval to your liking ... if its not, then, you'll have to tell it the page and location of data to capture from the router's interface!

It can also reside in the tray!

http://www.vwlowen.co.uk/internet/files.htm

(you may try lite version first)

Regards,

Ahmed