Internet solution for office

Hello, new here.

I work as a system admin for a local company, based out of Lahore. We currently have 4 x4mb lines (2 PTCL DSL & 2 Worldcall Cable) running on a TP-Link quad wan load balancer. The problem is that its not stable at all, the balancer doesnt seem to use the failover function properly, neither is load being balanced properly.

What i wanted to know was whether there was a solution to this rather than to just buy absurdly priced CIR's.

edit: I've tried changing out the balancer, updating the firmware, nothing seems to help.

Thank you

Imad

there use to be a brain-net 10gig unlimited connection!!!!

dunno if they still have it...

but it use to be in certain specific areas alone cuz it was fibre based...

try contacting them maybe you'll get lucky..

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hello, new here.

I work as a system admin for a local company, based out of Lahore. We currently have 4 x4mb lines (2 PTCL DSL & 2 Worldcall Cable) running on a TP-Link quad wan load balancer. The problem is that its not stable at all, the balancer doesnt seem to use the failover function properly, neither is load being balanced properly.

What i wanted to know was whether there was a solution to this rather than to just buy absurdly priced CIR’s.

edit: I’ve tried changing out the balancer, updating the firmware, nothing seems to help.

Thank you

Imad

[/quote]

Maybe buy a better load-balancer? One with many good reviews on Amazon.com? This one has good reviews, but is only dual WAN:

http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-RV042-4-port-100-Router/dp/B0002I7288/ref=pd_cp_e_2

10 gig? are you sure.

A better WAN load balancer might help. We once tried using a similar configuration with a D-link load balancer and it was an absolute failure due to reasons you have mentioned. What i would suggest is to reduce number of connections, 2 lines with 8 Mbps each might be easier to manage and provide more evenly distributed bandwidth.

Asif

thank you all for your input.

@nab, Yes, I have considered a better multi wan balancer but sadly couldnt find one in the market.

@asif, that is what im now considering. But PTCL just accounced a 50mbps connection. might wait for that

@shakirz1, I was trying to build a machine with Pfsense. The only problem was that i have no machine that has 4 pci/e slots to accommodate the 4 extra connections. will try this one

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

thank you all for your input.

@nab, Yes, I have considered a better multi wan balancer but sadly couldnt find one in the market.

[/quote]

Quad WAN load balancer is a bad idea at the first place. Try CISCO’s Dual WAN solution which are great…since they’ve got industrial equipment. And if you still want Quad load balancer then try the VLAN concept on an open port load balancer. Dual is the right option BTW.!