Internet not connecting during night time

hi i am using PTCL 1 mb student package.the problem that I've been facing is that my internet works fine in the day time but at night it stops working , the ADSL light starts blinking and internet doesn't connect .... can anyone guide me about this problem . i complained to my exchange guy and they don't know how to solve this problem .... any help will be appreciated

have you asked some other student package holders about this problem may be he'd also getting this restriction not only you? if notset your computer time at day when there's night and then look if it works hope it helps

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

hi i am using PTCL 1 mb student package.the problem that I’ve been facing is that my internet works fine in the day time but at night it stops working , the ADSL light starts blinking and internet doesn’t connect … can anyone guide me about this problem . i complained to my exchange guy and they don’t know how to solve this problem … any help will be appreciated

[/quote]

sir may be its because PTCL read ur username at WiredPakistan… =P

I am Also facing the same problem , at night my dsl goes down and the light starts blinking liek if its searching i have 1 mb Student package, 1 of my friend is also facing the same problem and from this i conclude that they turn off the dsl for students at night, amazing isnt it?

^ Yeah. Because students are supposed to be sleeping or studying at night, not wandering on facebook or forums. :P

hi i am using PTCL 1 mb student package.the problem that I’ve been facing is that my internet works fine in the day time but at night it stops working , the ADSL light starts blinking and internet doesn’t connect … can anyone guide me about this problem . i complained to my exchange guy and they don’t know how to solve this problem … any help will be appreciated

[/quote]

Not on student package, but I have PTCL DSL at my work. It is in the company’s name. It works great till 5:00PM, and then starts doing the same as you have described, the only difference is that it connects, disconnects and reconnects and keeps doing this.

PTCL has no customer services at all :(

[quote=“ShoukaT, post:3, topic:14535”]

sir may be its because PTCL read ur username at WiredPakistan… =P

[/quote]

lol its been one month and the problem still persist … do electrical wires interfere with telephone lines ?

I remember once PTCL tried to convince me that DSL stops working at your end because in your area the dew factor and moisture increase at night time. :lol:

[/quote]

if you are in Karachi and facing such problem at night one could be the major problem is humidity corrosion in your terminal box or DB box ask the lineman only he can solve your problem