Internet Explorer 8.1 code name eagle eyes (Breaking news)

Even with the successful recent release of Internet Explorer 8, in some underground circles there is already talk going around about the next version of Internet Explorer: IE 8.1, codenamed Eagle Eyes. Loaded with exclusive features such as a new JavaScript engine and support of Firefox extensions.

read complete story: http://itsek.blogspot.com/2009/03/internet-explorer-81-code-name-eagle.html

Hey they stole the name of a movie. "Eagle Eye" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1059786/

the base root of the Microsoft was originated through theft..... so whats the problem in just a tiny little name.

Isn't this the version which will support Firefox addons? What a desperate act. Make your own "closed source" add-ons M$

And yes, I am a FireFox fanboy :)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

And yes, I am a FireFox fanboy :)
[/quote]

Count me in too :)

I really like IE4, IE5 and IE6. It was the time when Netscape Navigator was actually slow as an alligator. But every new version, IE was faster to load and easy to customize. But since IE7 (and now IE8), there is very little room to customize. Not to mention, limited and mostly faulty add-ons.

On the other hand, Firefox keep getting mature, though still memory hog (that’s a controversial topic). In future, Firefox 4 and Firefox 5 will polish the product :) Firefox 6 will be as prime as IE6 was in it’s days. :) It means majority of people will be using Firefox 6 ;)

Fingers crossed :)

As a web designer i hate ie. There are so many major bugs in all ie version, regarding css and html rendering.

and i have just started learning web developing and i hate IE already :roll:

I don't hate IE :P

i m sure you will hate IE when you will make a complete site in just 2 days and fixing the IE bugs will take 3 days.

^ I do check my websites in Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer to make sure that they work in all three. And yes, I have to use "workarounds" so that it will look similar in these three browsers. But still I don't hate IE. That's because I have spent many years using IE (as primary browser) and that was the time when Netscape Navigator 4 used to suck big time.

i m sure you will hate IE when you will make a complete site in just 2 days and fixing the IE bugs will take 3 days.
[/quote]

What do you mean by a “Complete Website” ???

"I really believe in keeping every browser’s aspect to be able to understand your website completely."

This is a “Complete Website” in my view.

any ways.

if you are are good web designer then you will test your website parallely with your targeted browsers.

This is not the case only with websites… but…

Completing a job for a specific target and then fixing it for an other one always takes your good and much time

and finally.

Loving or Hating any thing is a natural fact for an individual.

but for any service provider (e.g. a Company, A Web-Designer, etc…) there must not any love or hate according to their own feelings. they manage and project the product in a way that they can get more of the customers or users.

again If you are a good web-designer then you make your website as such flexible as more of the visitors can visit with their own interest.

this is your weakness that it takes more time to manage with most of the browsers. dont blame browsers.

I dont love any of the browsers but I also dont hate any of them.

I believe in the statement “A doctor can not love or hate his patients” because it effects a doctor’s skills.

and please… this is not a hate about your idea but this is a point of view that I have.

jacascript and ajax sux in IE

I dont love any of the browsers but I also dont hate any of them.

I believe in the statement “A doctor can not love or hate his patients” because it effects a doctor’s skills.

and please… this is not a hate about your idea but this is a point of view that I have.

[/quote]

I guess you are right, but actually what i want to say is: IE has more bugs then firefox in css rendering. In start when i was learning css it took me so much time to resolve these bugs but now i know many of those bugs and don’t repeat that debugging exercise again. but still IE makes a website development process more time consuming. a designer have to test his site on all current browsers and it must be looking same in all browser.