Internet dicsonnecting. phone or internet?

My internet keeps on disconnecting. The LDN guy came, and there was something weird happening. Whenever he picked up the phone my DSL got disconnected, and whenever he hung up, it got connected. He blamed my phone, is it something related to the phone? there is no noise in my phone.

My internet also disconnects even when my phone is hung up, but disconnects immediately when i pick it up.

Most probably a technical mishap at the LDN end, I think the LDN guy is makin a f00k out of you

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

My internet keeps on disconnecting. The LDN guy came, and there was something weird happening. Whenever he picked up the phone my DSL got disconnected, and whenever he hung up, it got connected. He blamed my phone, is it something related to the phone? there is no noise in my phone.

My internet also disconnects even when my phone is hung up, but disconnects immediately when i pick it up.

[/quote]

do u using filter at ur telphone line ?

yes i use the DSL splitter. i tried changing the splitter but still had the same problem

Try using another phone set instead of the one you currently have. If it does the same thing with the other set as well, its LDN's problem so call and tell them; but if it works fine, then there is something wrong with your set.

[/quote]

it can be your phoneline or your splitter

not the phoneset

well its not the splitter. what should i do about the phone line?

I had the same problem before coz my dsl was connected through internal wiring & was getting really less margins like 6-12 so I advise u to recheck any joints in your main phoneline & check your margins in modem

how do u check margins in aztech router?

get inside the router my entering user n pass than go to status at left side & click modem status u'll get margins good signs are 20/20 for both up n down

well its not the splitter. what should i do about the phone line?
[/quote]

tell the ldn guy to fix it

fix your phone line dude. i had many problems and 99% of them are gone just because I got direct new phone line to my router. not even a single disconnect in weeks since then. a whole new xperience

yaar i'm using this line for 3 years on MBL and no problem. Not even 2 weeks on LDN and now this crap.

what do u mean direct connection to router? you're asking me to not use my phone for calls?

He probably means the line coming into your house from the telephone pole, there shouldn't be any joints etc. in it.

yeah KO is right. I had like 4 joint in line and not there is no joint. one direct wire and filter, so that phone and dsl both can be used :)

if you have a splitter then change it to a filter which is better.... and change your line... other than that you can do nothing i guess

yaar i’m using this line for 3 years on MBL and no problem. Not even 2 weeks on LDN and now this crap.

what do u mean direct connection to router? you’re asking me to not use my phone for calls?

[/quote]

that means it is time for you to change your line cuz it has been a long time… if there is absolutely no noise then maybe try a filter… other than that it is ldn’s fault