Internet connectivity in Laptop via DSL is possible?

Which feature in laptop do i need to look for internet connectivity via Broadband/ dsl?

someway of communicating with the DSL modem/router...this communication could be achieved through USB, Ethernet port or WiFi...

I am sure even a very old laptop would have at least one of those...

Ethernet Port (LAN) is required, you can use WIFI or USB but not all DSL Routers have them, so you might have to buy DSL router or exchange it.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

’]Ethernet Port (LAN) is required, you can use WIFI or USB but not all DSL Routers have them, so you might have to buy DSL router or exchange it.
[/quote]

As far as i know, for connecting two computer we need lan card but for more than 2 computers we will use router. Then why in laptop purchasing router is necessary?

Will u elaborate bit more:

you can use WIFI or USB but not all DSL Routers have them

If your PC has LAN card, which almost all laptops have, you don't need to worry about anything.

if your PC does not have LAN Card you will have to exchange DSL router or buy one with WIFI or USB port. The DSL Router (modem) provided by PTCL and LDN does not always have WIFI or USB option.

You can choose the wired way (pun intended) of connecting your laptop to the internet via LAN/Ethernet or USB port. For either, you need a router which supports the communication medium of Ethernet or USB (depending on which you want to use).

The wireless method would be Wifi for which you will need a wireless router which can transmit the DSL signal wirelessly to your laptop. The advantage of this is mobility for your laptop (through the wireless connection) and connectivity for your PC(s) through the Ethernet ports on the router.

a lan port.....