Internet Connection For Smaller Cities

In my city there are no broadband or wimax connections are available so will anyone plz tell me how to get wateen wimax connection here by dish, as some banks in my city are using wateen wimax by putting dish on building roof, plz tell me what is the basic starting cost and monthly cost to get a wimax dish connection?

Also currently i am using vptcl for internet and its good but it cost me much so i am thinking to use zong, ufone, mobilink or any other company gprs sim to connect with computer for internet, plz tell me can we compare vptcl with any mobile gprs and which one is best for speed and cost ?

There is no "wimax dish". They are using Microwave links to relay the signals from some place/city where wimax service is available.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

In my city there are no broadband or wimax connections are available so will anyone plz tell me how to get wateen wimax connection here by dish, as some banks in my city are using wateen wimax by putting dish on building roof, plz tell me what is the basic starting cost and monthly cost to get a wimax dish connection?

Also currently i am using vptcl for internet and its good but it cost me much so i am thinking to use zong, ufone, mobilink or any other company gprs sim to connect with computer for internet, plz tell me can we compare vptcl with any mobile gprs and which one is best for speed and cost ?

[/quote]

Simply buy a zong prepaid sim, activate the unlimited internet option (rs. 500 per month inclusive of all taxes, unlimited downloading).

But first make sure you have zong gprs signals available in your city.

There is no “wimax dish”. They are using Microwave links to relay the signals from some place/city where wimax service is available.
[/quote]

Maybe it will be microwave links so how to get it and what is basic and monthly cost and what about its speed?

Simply buy a zong prepaid sim, activate the unlimited internet option (rs. 500 per month inclusive of all taxes, unlimited downloading).

But first make sure you have zong gprs signals available in your city.

[/quote]

Ok i will get zong gprs but how to know that gprs is available or not here and what is its speed ?

Can we compare zong or any other company gprs with vptcl ?

Also what is the difference between 3G - GPRS and EDGE and in small cities how to check that these are available or not?

I think you are talking about satellite internet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_Internet_access) and not WiMAX. If that is the case, then satellite net is generally very expensive and unfeasible for home use. Often such a connection is customized to the individual users needs since its not in common use, so you'll have to contact the ISP directly to get a cost quote.