Installing windows xp in compaq LAPTOP

I have Laptop compaq cq62-259tu 'core i5, 2GB Ram' with windows 7 64 bit, i have tried to install windows xp x86 but yet unsuccessful to install, when i try to install it gives error, while windows vista and windows 7 are easilly installed. is there any way to install windows xp 32bit on this system.

You have to change some settings is BIOS to be able install xp. But I forgot what it is. Let me check or someone else will answer it for you.

Edit: I can't remember it properly but it has something to do sata mode and native mode or change the storage configuration from RAID to ACHI.

Can you tell me what option are listed in bios's storage configuration ?

is

A:

SATA MODE

NATIVE MODE

OR

B:

IDE

RAID

ACHI

why you want to install windows xp? try the 64 bit version.

Well I want to tell one thing that some new laptop dose not support Windows Xp OS. Six month ago me and my friend go to buy laptop.My friend is IT student and need to work on programing so he need XP support for old programs.My friend like Dell studio series laptop but shopper say that this laptop dose not support XP.So I think that some new laptop dose not support XP OS.

Driver support for winXP not provided by hardware manufacturer is one thing but If you think u can't install Xp... Think again.

use vmware guys...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

use vmware guys…
[/quote]

Let Windows XP install first :)

I think Vmware works only when an OS is installed.

@all who commented

I am amused to see that no one asked what error is he getting. Any error code, name, discription? anything?

This is the basic stupidity when solving a problem.

This error which OP is getting is so common, its basically a BSOD. You need to to turn off SATA native mode. Is should be in AHCI mode in BIOS before you can install Windows XP.

If you don't know about this, it does not mean others are stupid..

This error which OP is getting is so common, its basically a BSOD. You need to to turn off SATA native mode. Is should be in AHCI mode in BIOS before you can install Windows XP.

If you don’t know about this, it does not mean others are stupid…

[/quote]

Yes.

That’s what I was trying to say in my first reply in this thread. I have dealt with an identical situation in the past. and the solution is so simple when you do it.

Yes.

That’s what I was trying to say in my first reply in this thread. I have dealt with an identical situation in the past. and the solution is so simple when you do it.

[/quote]

I know you diagnosed it correct. I was just telling Ahmsun who declared all of us as "stupids "

I still believe in proper step by step problem solving.

There can never be same situation every time, i have been with the same situation but next time i thought it was same one, it was not. And there are alot of error codes in BSOD. peace.

...Edited...

...edited...

..edited...

Hope to meet you there

There is a famous saying " What can you expect from a pig but a grunt "

[/quote]

Let it go… he looks cute in the pic :)

^PLease be judge here

This is the basic stupidity when solving a problem.
[/quote]

Is this a flaming sentence/or pointing towards any one.

Let it go… he looks cute in the pic :)
[/quote]

Ok, agreed. :)

:)

once again peace.

ok :)

My dear brother Ahmsun, you could advise us like "Please don't assume anything, ask about specific error"

There would be no aggression then. I hope we all will behave and show tolerance.

Now let's stop.