Installing security camera at shop/home

Guys if any of u have experienced installing security camera please share the experience here as I want to install 1 at my main gate!!

What hardware is required? Which camera to use(quality n price) n stuff.. :)

My uncle in Chicago has done this. He showed me the pictures, he was like, they are pictures for me but moving screen for him. I think, I watched on ie with flash and jawa.

Hmmm well the one installed in our home was installed by the guys from company. don't know which company but there is some blue board on our main gate mentioning " secured by ATD".

There are some security companies that provide and do installation for CCTV. You should try to get it done by "professionals".

^

Professionals might be quiet expensive!!

I want to do it myself! If anybody tells the whole details about camera and its specs like wired/wireless, company, price, quality, night vision, motion sensor n stuff.. N the hardware required to record n control the camera..

^ What is left to become "professional" and start your own business? :)

N by the which professionals provide this facility, either there are companies or the Hafeez Centre guys??

Dont use camera separately and av monitor

the best thing is to have intercom with camera and lock system in this way you can watch anyone plus talk to him and press the switch and the locks opens without going to the door to open.

the best part is buy extra memory card with video intercom if you are not there in your home and someone comes when he rings the bell his picture would be safe in the memory so when you return home you will come to know who came when u were not there .

cost of the video intercom is from 6000 to 8500 and if you need color lcd screen it would cost you 15000.

also there is another option buy a DVR=Digital video recorder its a card with 4 camera inputs your computer will act as a recording plus monitoring for 24 to 48 hours depends on your hardisks the dvr has a motion detector also so in night time if somethings moves the computer will alert you

let me know if anyone interested

I already have an intercom with a camera but their quality isnt so good!!:(

So in the case of DVR ill install a card in my PC rite! N whats the approximate price n company?? But in this case I have to keep my PC ON all the time!!

If u are in karachi then go to AGN computers...they have all this equipment

the best and cheapest DVR u can get it from sarmad road saddar karachi there are many shops who sell CCTV products

Wireless camera will be expansive but it will save you from the hassle of wires. There are two type available in the market, IP based (most expansive) & RF based (lower in costs but quality is lower).

You also need to consider over heads like whether you need to record the images, for wireless IP camera you need to have wireless LAN etc. etc.

For DVR based setup, yes you need to keep the recording station (PC) always on.

You can do it yourself, it's so simple. I've wired 6 cameras around our house (wired) into a quad (multiplexer) that outputs into a recorder (SD-card) and routes the output video signal to all the TV's into the house...

All it takes is some time and effort.

If you go for traditional CCTV cameras i.e. non-IP units, make sure you get CCD based units not CMOS. CCD units w/ Night Vision only cost around ~2000 these days, so its not a major investment...

Share what it is exactly that you want to do and I'll guide you to the best of my ability for the benefit of everyone here.

please chk this

http://www.symbios.pk/index.php?cPath=1_20

I want camera for 2 places, home n shop!

For home I want 2 revolving cameras with night vision n good video quality & the sound is optional; with or without recording!

For the shop I want 1 revolving camera n 1 or 2 static cameras, with good video quality, night vision and the sound is must!

Now I want to know all the possibilities regarding recording, sound enabling, online monitering...

1 posibility I've heard that u can install VCR for recording video!

(what if I want to record video of 3,4 cameras? I need recording for atleast 4 5 days n I dont want to be changing cassettes!)

2nd posibility is installing DVR system(either CPU DVR card or independent DVR receiver)

3rd posibility as @Raza told, using multiplexer n recorder(SD-card)! (Raza can u explain how to do all this task, which camera u used, what do multiplexer does n which recorder u used?)

Guys I need details of all the above options n how to (upstream) moniter online my shop while sitting anywhere..

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

please chk this

http://www.symbios.pk/index.php?cPath=1_20

[/quote]

Never order from symbios if you are not in local city, I am having a really bad experience with their shipping system, though are claiming to ship free inside or outside their local city limit, local within one day and outside local city next day, its been 4 days and today I am told it will reach tomorrow.

Terrible service. But then again everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Rs 2000 for camera with night vission. That sounds cheap. You've got ip cameras or non ip cameras. How much did the whole setup cost and which brand cameras did you used. From where

did you bought all the hardware and cabling from(shop's name/address/telephone number?). What is the total recording time with the sd card. If possible kindly also post some pictures of camera,multiplexer and sd recorder along with the price breakup of the whole setup.

You can do it yourself, it's so simple. I've wired 6 cameras around our house (wired) into a quad (multiplexer) that outputs into a recorder (SD-card) and routes the output video signal to all the TV's into the house...

All it takes is some time and effort.

If you go for traditional CCTV cameras i.e. non-IP units, make sure you get CCD based units not CMOS. CCD units w/ Night Vision only cost around ~2000 these days, so its not a major investment...

Share what it is exactly that you want to do and I'll guide you to the best of my ability for the benefit of everyone here.

[/quote]

Never order from symbios if you are not in local city, I am having a really bad experience with their shipping system, though are claiming to ship free inside or outside their local city limit, local within one day and outside local city next day, its been 4 days and today I am told it will reach tomorrow.

Terrible service. But then again everyone is entitled to their opinion.

[/quote]

Well it looks like these guys are 3 times more expensive then the market. Just take example of this sogo led light. I bought 3 of these other day for Rs 300/piece . They are selling 1 for Rs 899.

Btw what had you ordered from them?

http://www.symbios.pk/product_info.php?products_id=892&osCsid=59bc1708f3dc3bf71d6ab9da788a87c3

yes thy are expensive , i just posted for the product idea !

N by the which professionals provide this facility, either there are companies or the Hafeez Centre guys??
[/quote]

Hi Brother nice to see your interest in Security for your home.

i am Muhammad Faisal Rasool, Manager Sales & Marketing at Superb Security Solutions.

visit our website www.SuperbSecuritySolutions.com, we are one of leading company of security solutions provider,

if you need any help from our side, kindly contact with me, i will give you most reasonable price with 1 year warranty of the system.

waiting for your response.

Faisal

Manager Sales & Marketing

Superb Security Solutions

0313-4775597

0323-4775597

faisal@superbsecuritysolutions.com